Jeju is the best jewel of nature Korea has to offer with seasonally different faces and culturally unique images.
I'm Lydia, newly registered tour guide here in 2017 and a licensed tour guide for customized private tour with 6 year-professional experiences, living on this beautiful volcanic island. Being a "people person" and having wide curiosity about different cultures and people with various backgrounds, I'm very passioned about my wonderful job (like a formfitting suit just for me!).
I've a solid background in guiding different types of tours, ranging from Eco tour, Geo tour, art and architecture tour, UNESCO heritage tour and culinary tour to mention some.
Having traveled many countries as a tourist, I realized that Jeju island is a magical place and offers different types of nature in a place as small as an island: beaches with turquoise blue water and blackish lava rocks and dense forests in volcanic cones, waterfalls, lava tubes, snow-capped mountains. . . For me, Jeju is the true place of heart-beating discoveries in the middle of nature, culture and people on a daily basis.
Make you as your tour guide and let's discover together what Jeju Island has to offer, its unique geological features, cultural and natural assets, which are considered World Heritage by UNESCO.
All the tours can be tailor-made according to your interests based on my recommendation.
All you need to do is let me know what you feel like doing and seeing and I will create an itinerary JUST FOR YOU!
Anyone with any religious, cultural or regional background is welcome!
I fully understand that food and coffee time are two important factors to make your trip complete. Would you leave that on me?
Additionally I put some recommended and seasonally available activities and experiences you may do, which are not listed on my 'pulished tours', as you can pick that on your own. (This option might take you some time that could cause you to skip one or two listed destinations from 'published tours' and needs you to pay the related fee)
These are introduced to help you make your own customized tour.
# Basic Natural Sites including UNESCO sites
- Seongsan Sunrise Peak Tuff cone
- Manjang Lava Tube
- Dragon Head Coast
- Suwolbong Tuff ring
- Cheonjiyeon Waterfall
- Cheonjeyeon Waterfall
- Jeongbang Waterfall
- Jeolmul Forest
- Bizarim Forest
- Several other volcanic forests
- Saebeol Oreum
- Yongnooni Oreum
- Sangumburi Crater
- Ttarabi Oreum
- Abu Oreum etc. (personally or seasonally can be picked)
- Other recommended or wished natural sites
# Cultural Sites
- Jeju National Museum
- Jeju Natural History Museum
- Jeju Stone Culture Park
- Seongeup Folk Village
- Jeju Folk Village (over 1 hour- walking needed)
- Green Tea Farm
- Dragon Head Pond & Rock
- And so on. . . .
# Arts and Architecture Special
- Kim Yong Gap Gallery
- Jeju Contemporary Art Gallery
- Gidang Gallery
- Itami June Gallery
- Lee Joong Seop Gallery
- Other monumental Architectures or Galleries
# Activities seasonally available :
- Horse-back riding (any season)
- Go cart (any season)
- Kayaking or Yachting or Power boating (Spring, Summer and Automne)
- Scuba diving or Windsurfing (Summer only)
- Tangerine Picking (Winter only)
# Touristic museums for fun
- Ice Museum : Ice sculptures & 3 dimensional optical illusion paintings)
- Teddy bear safari : stuffed teddy bears in a variety of fancy settings
- Automobile museum : world classic cars and automobiles' history
- Glass castle : glass artworks and glass-made displays
- Alive museum : several sections with optically illudded paintings & displays
- Seashell museum : all possible types of seashells from all over the world
- Other recommended or wished places
A Recent Review of this guide
We greatly enjoyed our tour of Jeju Island with Lydia. We hiked Hallasan, and she met us with a great lunch of rice and seaweed rolls (kimbap, I believe). We enjoyed the tea plantation and tea house, the lava cliffs and a delicious traditional Korean lunch. We also swung by the seashore as winds picked up, to watch the waves crashing on the basalt rocks on the shore. Lydia's English is excellent, and she has a great sense of humor and is very accommodating. Her vehicle was a very clean, comfy minivan
- Tour Guide Certificate issued by KTO (Korea Tourism Organization)
- Interpreter Certificate issued by NAI (National Association for Interpretation)
- Jeju Eco-Culture Interpreter certificated by Jeju Provincial Government
- Nature-Environment Interpreter certificated by Ministry of Environment
- Global Geoparks Network Guide of Jeju designated by Jeju UNESCO World Heritage Center