Full-day private tour of the world heritage area of Istanbul
The Imperial Tour will make you discover the must-see monuments of Istanbul, where the fascinating history of this city has been written.
The tour takes place in the Sultanahmet district, the peninsula hanging between Europe and Asia where over two thousand years Greeks, Romans, Byzantines and Ottomans built their empires. We will stroll around the ancient part of the city, an area selected as a "World Heritage Site" by UNESCO.
We will also gain an insight of Istanbul's daily life, discovering some aspects of the city which tourists normally miss.
In an unforgettable day, we will learn a lot about the history, culture and traditions of ancient and present-day Istanbul.
The highlights of the tour (in the visiting order)
- Blue Mosque (cannot be visited on Friday before 3 p. m. )
- Topkapi Palace (closed on Tuesday)
- Hagia Sophia (closed on Monday)
- Basilica Cistern
- Grand Bazaar (closed on Sunday)
Being a private tour, the itinerary can be adjusted to fulfill your specific needs.
Being a private tour, the itinerary can be adjusted to suit your specific needs and requests.
Tour highlights (in the visiting order)
- We'll walk down the Hippodrome, where Roman horsed-chariots used to ride. We'll admire the mysterious obelisks, remains of ancient times.
- The Blue Mosque is a masterpiece of Ottoman architecture, combining Islamic and Byzantine elements. The name is due to the beautiful blue tiles of its interior.
- Topkapi Palace, for 400 years the residence of the Sultans. From here they ruled over their boundless empire.
- Haghia Sophia embodies the mixing of the 3 great civilizations, Roman, Byzantine and Islamic, which made Istanbul the capital of their empires.
- We'll descend into the depths of Basilica Cistern and stare at its 336 columns.
- The Grand Bazar is one of the oldest and largest closed markets in the world. In its maze of galleries you can buy everything and listen out for the babble of more than 100 languages.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Reception of your hotel, apartment, cruise ship terminal or in front of "Hagia Sophia Museum".
The tour price should be updated in case of your address is located on Asian side of Istanbul.
End location: Same as meeting point
Duration: 8 hours
Duration may be affected by traffic and weather conditions
Professional guide service (English-Italian-Spanish speaking)
Estimated Local Cash Needed
100 Turkish Lira - It will be enough to have about 100 Turkish Lira per person/per day (around usd 35) for the payment of transportation and museum tickets.
In restaurants and stores credit card is mostly accepted.
The avarage tip rate is %10 In restaurans and can be paid in Usd. or Euro as well.
For the transport you should use cash and Turkish Lira.
Topkapi Palace: 12 Usd. per person
Hagia Sophia Museum: 12 Usd. per person
Basilica Cistern: 6 Usd. per person
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
One of the best tours ever. We are a family of four with two kids (8 and 11) who are very hard on tour guides. Cem was amazing in answering all of their questions and keeping them engaged during an 8 hour tour of the Topkapi, Carpet Making, Grand Bazaar, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia and Cistern. I can not recommend him and this tour enough. It is everything you want and more .