Half-day guided private tour of Istanbul's famous bazaars and shopping streets
If you love shopping this is the perfect tour for you. We will explore the lively bazaar and the bustling shopping districts of Istanbul offering an incredible variety of products. I will take you to the best shops, where you will have the chance to appreciate authentic and high-quality traditional products of Turkey (carpets, spices, pottery, tableware, leather goods, lamps, souvenirs, handicrafts etc. ) and buy whatever you wish getting a good deal.
Highlights of the tour (in the visiting order)
- Grand Bazaar (closed on Sunday)
- Old Book Bazaar
- Traditional Turkish-tea break
- Street of Artisans (Tahtakale)
- Spice Bazaar
Being a private tour, the itinerary can be adjusted to fulfill your specific needs.
This is a recommended programme which can be adjusted to fit your needs and requests.
Highlights (in the visiting order)
- The GRAND BAZAAR (closed on Sunday) is one of the oldest and largest closed markets in the world. In this maze of galleries, you can buy handmade carpets, leather products, jewelry, textiles, pottery, antiques etc.
- The OLD BOOK BAZAAR is an appealing courtyard where you can look at and purchase old books and engravings. Also, other items are for sale here: postcards, rosary, stamps, coins. . .
- We will have a pleasant TEA BREAK in a traditional place where we can drink a Turkish tea or coffee and a snack.
-TAHTAKALE BAZAAR is Turkey's oldest surviving shopping center. The long street is lined with shops selling any kind of handcrafted products.
- The SPICE BAZAAR is Istanbul's second largest covered market, dating back to 1660. Under its 88 vaults many products are being sold: souvenirs, sweets, food, lamps, pottery, etc.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Reception of your hotel, apartment, cruise ship terminal or in front of "Hagia Sophia Museum".
I can come to pick you up from your hotel or the address where you will stay in Istanbul. I can begin this tour from the Airport as well in case of your land to the Ataturk Airport. If you arrive at the Sabiha Gokcen Airport I have to create a customized tour package for you with an additional price(contact me to request an updated price)
The tour price should be also updated in case your address is located on the Asian side of Istanbul.
End location: Same as meeting location
Duration: 4 hours
We can walk or get around by public transport (tramway)
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 Turkish Lira - Estimated local payment is given just for transport fees (per person). In stores and restaurants credit card is mostly accepted.
If you don't have any opportunity to change your money before the tour, don't worry about it, we can change easily in change office as you need with the best rate.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Cem brought the people, culture alive for us; both the history and present time. We enjoyed the sights, sitting and drinking coffee and finding a great chocolate confectionary store.