Jerusalem and the Galilee
A tour of Jerusalem and the Galilee with a Christian orientation. You'll visit the holy sites in ancient Jerusalem, travel and hike the area of Jesus' ministry in the Galilee.
Day 1 - Dec 11. Jerusalem
1. Mt. of Olives lookout. General Jerusalem orientation.
2. Garden of Gethsemane
3. Church of the Holy Sepulcher, Ethiopian church
4. Open air oriental market.
5. Roman Cardo (thoroughfare)
6. Jewish quarter, including the Wailing Wall plaza.
7. Room of the last supper on Mt. Zion.
Day 2 - Dec 13. The Galilee
1. Arbel Cliffs lookout above the Sea of Galille and the area of Jesus' ministry.
2. Magdala - birthplace of Mary Magdalene
3. Ancient Galilee boat at kibbutz Ginnosar.
4. Capernaum - the town of Jesus.
5. Yardenit - site where John baptized Jesus.
6. Time permitting - site of the Gadarene swine miracle or Horns of Hattin Crusader battlefield.
Day 3 - The Galilee
1. Nature hike (weather permitting).
2. Galilee panhandle or the Golan Heights.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: You hotel or guest house in Jerusalem.
End location: Your hotel or guest house.
Duration: 3 days
Important to remember that this is winter - there is always the possibility of rain.
Hyundai Santa-Fe model 2011. Clean, well maintained and fully airconditioned.
All standard guide services in English throughout the day, all transportation costs including gas. The price also includes $150 for a room for myself for the night of the 13th when we are in the north.
Your overnight accommodations, meals and entrance fees.