Two hours of discovery in the cradle of North America with a private guide
Following in the footsteps of Samuel de Champalin, founder of Quebec City, relive the history of North America's oldest city through its impressive archaeological sites, historic buildings, picturesque houses, spectacular cathedrals, imposing fortifications and its narrow streets.
Explore the charm, history and culture of Old Québec City, an UNESCO World Heritage Site. You will discover the rich religious and military heritage of the only fortified city in North America. Walking through its narrow streets, you will notice the French and British influence on the architecture of buildings and houses that border its parks and streets. You will also admire the magnificent works of art, frescoes and monuments that adorn Old Québec.
Are you worried about a walking tour of Old Québec? Do not be afraid ! The tour takes place at your own pace and is designed so that you will not have to climb the coast that connects the lower town to the upper town. Even baby in her stroller will enjoy !
• Champlain Monument next to iconic Château Frontenac
• Dufferin Terrace (Overlooking on the majestic St. Lawrence
River, Forts and Chateaux Saint-Louis, Château
• Monastery and Convent of Ursulines
• Holy Trinity Anglican Cathedral
• Des Jardins Street (Jura Clock, Price Building, City Hall)
• Our Lady of Quebec Catholic Basilica-Cathedral and its
• Seminary of Québec and Montmorency Park
• The Murale of Quebecois'fresco
• Place Royale and Our Lady of Victories Church
• The Royal Battery
• The Petit Champlain Street
• The spectacular Funicular
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will meet you at the Monument to Champlain, located just next to the Château Frontenac. Specific details will be provided on booking.
End location: The tour ends on the Dufferin Terrace, just a few meters from our starting point.
Duration: 2 hours
A break of up to 30 minutes can be added at no extra charge to the duration of the tour at the request of the customer.
This is a complete walking tour. The starting point is within walking distance of several large hotels and easily accessible by bus or taxi.
• Professional guide
• One bottle of water per participant
• Tickets for the funicular
Estimated Local Cash Needed
15 CAD - For a snack or drink (optional)
Your personal expenses or souvenirs
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Claude was extremely knowledgeable and very gracious. We had a wonderful time with him and we were able to see everything that Claude promised. We would recommend Claude highly.