Ancient Salt Mines, a Medieval Castle and old villages in this off the beaten track tour
A very special tour in an area very close to Bilbao, but which secrets are not known even for many locals. Somethings that we can do:
+ Admire an ancient Salt Valley and relax on their hand and feet baths.
+ Find about old villages and Medieval Families Towers scattered around this old frontier area.
+ After a small walk in the forest, discover about the Hermit Christian sites of early Medieval Spain.
* Salinas de Añana. To visit the salt production area.
* Valdegobia region. We will visit the tower in Villanañe and head to Nograro to see the village and have lunch or a drink (depending on the time of arrival).
* Eremitic caves of Valdegobia (to do it you need to go in the forrest for about 1 or 2 kilometers with some slope. This point can be done depending on weather conditions.
* Mendoza tower, in the hearth of one of the hardest battles against Napoleon Bonaparte.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Price is calculated for tours starting in Vitoria or Bilbao.
It is possible to make it from another destinations: San Sebastian, Pamplona, Burgos and La Rioja. Please, ask me for details.
End location: End location will be the same as meeting.
It is possible to leave you in other location. Please, let me know if you require it.
Duration: 5 hours 30 min.
Possibility of making the tour either longer or shorter. My aim is to adjust to your velocity being always your Basque Host.
Fully equipped berlina car as a complement to my services, which are tour guiding only.
> My expertise private guide service
> Detailed and friendly history details and explanations of this surprising area of the Basque Country.
> Pick up and drop off from the hotel, port or airport of Vitoria or Bilbao.
> Also possible to pick you up from other cities, (please specify your full address and I will let you know if it would mean any extra cost).
> All transport costs such as petrol, motorway, etc.
> Transport done in a fully equipped berlina or sedan car. BIGGER VEHICLES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
30 EUR - You have to consider:
* 10 EUR per person to enter the salt valley, if wanted.
* 20-30 EUR per person for lunch.
Food and drinks.
Entry tickets to museums.
Souvenirs, snacks or other items not detailed in the tour.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
The tour was customized for us and was great. Our guide Aitor was knowledgeable and a gracious host. Many thanks.