Are you interested in learning about the complexities of Indian culture; its age-long history; colorful religions; and ever-smiling people? Do you want to learn those things which you never find in guidebooks or on tightly scheduled group tours? Then please let me take this opportunity to introduce my services.
My name is Ashish, and I am passionate to share with you the mysteries of India's unique culture through my personalized tours! My years of experience mean that I am able to show you the difference between the traditional (rural) and modern (metropolitan) India; from the small village where I was born to modern twenty-first century Delhi (with its 20 million people!); and of course Agra, the city where I attended University and have made hundreds of trips to the iconic Taj Mahal!
Whether it's simple rural dwellings or the awe-inspiring Mughal monuments that combine elements of India's melting-pot of religions, I have the professional expertise to bring India's historical and architectural treasures to life.
I offer a wide variety of personalised, authentic tours in a range of styles (from 5-star luxury getaways to more basic tours that allow greater interaction with the locals), all with the reassurance of my undivided attention.
Although my primary expertise areas are Agra (my stomping ground during my college years) and Delhi (the city I consider to be my second home for the past 4 years), I've also led personalised tours to other highlights of North India such as:
- Jaipur (the famous "Pink City of India" with its magical sunset glow and unrivaled attractions);
- Udaipur (the romantic "City of Lakes" or "Venice of the East");
- Jodhpur (the "Blue City of India" which sits beneath the huge rocky cliffs of Meherangarh Fort); and
- Jaisalmer ("The Golden City of India" with its "living Fort" and unforgettable overnight camel safaris into the Thar Desert).
I've also lead tours to the sacred pilgrimage sites at:
- Pushkar (with its famous Camel Fair),
- Varanasi (the "Spiritual Capital of India" which is one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world),
- Rishikesh (the undisputale "Yoga Capital of the World" where the Beatles came for a retreat), and
- Amritsar (with the Golden Temple, "The Vatican of Sikh religion").
If you're more interested in getting off the beaten tourist trail, I can tailor your itinerary to your personal requests and can include experiences such as a private dinner at an Indian home; a journey through the countryside in a local train; an authentic shopping adventure at a traditional bazaar; or a tour through the slums of Delhi.
I am confident that you will find the cost of my professional services and knowledge to be well deserved, as I share with you the incredible complexities of Indian society and history. My dedication in providing hassle-free and highly-secure, yet amazing tours, means that my clients often wish to return to India again and again!
While security can sometimes be a consideration when traveling in India, you need not worry about this as I am an experienced guide and have formal training as a cadet in the Indian Army, so am able to handle any kind of situation! Whether it's walking the small laneways of Old Delhi; strolling through the grounds of the magnificent Taj Mahal; or enjoying a traditional Indian festival, you'll feel safe, secure and totally immersed in the local culture when on my tours.
I am able to fully cater all of my tours to suit solo travellers (both male and female), couples, families, or special interest groups (such as those in India for missionary work) and to satisfy travellers of any age or fitness level.
No matter what your particular circumstances, it would be my personal pleasure to provide you with an incredible travel experience. I hope to hear from you soon so that I can share my passion for this incredible, vibrant and often mystifying country!
A Recent Review of this guide
Ashish was exceptional - from beginning to end - a delightful confident young man - with an amazing knowledge of Indian history / fluent in English and easy company. Young enough to be our son but with very wise shoulders !
* Indian Army National Cadet Corps Volunteer, St. John's College, Agra (2010 - 2011).
* Welcome Escort, XIX Commonwealth Games, Agra (2010).
* Master of Arts (History), St. John's College, Agra (2012 - 2014).
* Bachelor of Arts (History & Politics), St. John's College, Agra (2009 - 2012).
* Government of India Regional Level Guide Training (Northern Region), Indian Institute of Tourism & Travel Management, Noida (2013 - 2014).
* Advanced Level French, Alliance Française de Delhi, Delhi (2013).
* Government of India State Level Guide Training (Uttar Pradesh), Manyawar Kanshiram Institute of Tourism Management, Lucknow (2012).
* American Safety & Health Institute First Aid Training, Delhi (2012).
* Diploma of Destination Management, Trade-Wings Institute of Management, Agra (2010)
I'm an official Government of India guide for Delhi, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu, Kashmir, Punjab, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, & Chandigarh. I will arrange for Government-qualified professional drivers & accompany you throughout the tour.