Experience at first hand how a monastery complex was built in the Middle Ages in 40 years of construction
Our tour takes us to a unique construction site that takes us back to the Carolingian period. In 40 years of construction, craftsmen work with tools like in the Middle Ages on the monastery Campus Galli. Thanks to a guided tour we get direct information about the idea, development and the ups and downs of this unique project peppered with anecdotes.
After the guided tour we enjoy the medieval cuisine and can choose between
- Coarse bratwurst with the spices of the 9th century
- Wheat cakes, topped with sour cream and bacon or cheese
- From "Alb-Leisa", a regional lentil variety. With or without sausage. - vegan & gluten free
- I'm afraid we won't have any coffee. Coffee only came to Europe in the 16th century and was not known here in Carolingian times. For this there) is mead - the honey wine ;-)
On our tour you will see the following sights:
- The medieval construction site of Campus Galli
- Panoramic restaurant Haldenhof- lunch on your own expense
-After a beautiful drive through picturesque villages we will return to Konstanz-Ueberlingen
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Hotel, Address or Intersection
Duration: 7 hours
As the tour is very popular, an early arrival and a weekday is recommended.
We travel with our comfotable van a Renault Espace with a panoramic sunroof.
There is also the option, in case the weather is good, to drive with a nice Volvo convertible instead - takes a max. of 3 persons.
Please contact me in advance for it.
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 EUR - Carry some cash if you like to buy a souvenir or a snack.
But almost all places we get to you can pay with credit card. So no cash is really needed.
I will carry a fair amount of Euros as well so we should be fine.
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
I am not a licensed guide and will not be able to guide you inside of the historical monuments.