The origin of a wonderful city
Let's go discover how this city was born; over 2000 years of history are all together on this interesting island and one of the most spectacular gothic buildings of the world is here for you to admire and understand in a fun and easy way!
Walk along Paris oldest bridge, learn interesting anecdotes and stories from the middle ages, discover the little charming streets that the crowds ignore, get to really see the cradle of Paris by traveling in time with the many stories I am waiting to share with you.
We will meet at the exit of Metro station "Pont Neuf" (line 7) at the kiosk by the old department store called "Samaritaine" and we will together cross to the island.
- see the oldest bridge of the city
- have a wonderful view over the river Seine
- learn some interesting anecdotes and the histories of the origins of Paris
- see the Conciergerie* and Sainte Chapelle* (If you have the museum Pass you might be able to enter for a quick look inside the chapelle).
- walk through the Flower Market (Sundays it becomes a bird market instead)
- Cathedral de Notre Dame de Paris (inside and outside but not the bell towers)
- walk some old narrow old streets behind the beaten path
We will finish the tour on the bridge behind the cathedral: Pont Saint Louis
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: At the kiosk at the exit of metro station "Pont Neuf" -line 7. (See image)
* If you would prefer me to meet you at your hotel or any other address in Paris please let me know so I can customize this tour for you.
End location: We will finish the itinerary at Ile de St. Louis, a perfect place for you to discover: shop, stop for a coffee, try some tasty ice cream, cheese & wine, crepes and/or pastries.
* If you would prefer to finalize the tour at any other place in Paris please let me know so I can customize this tour for you.
Duration: 2 hours
This tour will be done entirely walking
- My private guide service
- My list of favorite restaurants
Estimated Local Cash Needed
5 euros - This tour doesn't consider any extra expenses, but if you wish to have a beverage or grab a snack, we can make some time for that.
Souvenirs, snacks, beverages
I do not offer museum tours.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Pamela has such a happy positive personality that our time flew by! She has such a love for Paris that it is infectious. Very engaging with our two teens and showed us so much more of Ile de Citie than Notre Dame. Even loved standing in line to enter as the pointed out so many details in the facade of the Cathedral. Highly recommended to book, use your time in Paris wisely to enjoy and learn!