Visit Australia's oldest wine region and sample the quality food and wine
Experience the Hunter Valley's wine and food.
- You'll discover the 1850 historic sandstone village of Wollombi and its unique pub.
- You'll visit several wineries and/or brewery and/or a distillery and sample a wide range of Australian wines, beers and spirits.
- You'll drop into the Hunter Valley Garden Village to browse the gourmet stores and cafes in a lovely garden setting.
- Enjoy a gourmet lunch at an award winning restaurant or a simple cafe.
- Buy wine at the cellar door and receive quality and value.
Bespoke private tours are available on request.
Here's my recommended itinerary:
8am Pick up at your hotel, cruise ship terminal or airport.
8-9. 30am Drive to Australian Wildlife and Reptile Park
9. 30-11am Enjoy meeting a wide variety of Australian animals
11am-12noon Drive to Hunter Valley
12-1pm Visit several wineries and/or brewery and/or a distillery and sample a wide range of Australian wines, beers and spirits. Buy wine at cellar door and receive quality and value.
1. 30pm-3pm Enjoy a gourmet lunch at an award winning restaurant, such as esca, or a simple cafe.
3pm-4pm Drop into the Hunter Valley Garden Village to browse the gourmet stores and cafes in a lovely garden setting.
4-6pm Return to Sydney
This is a private tour meant to accommodate your needs and schedule. Through email, we can work on an itinerary that's right for you. If you have any specific destinations you would like to visit, please let me know and I will do my best to accommodate your wishes.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I'll meet you at your city hotel, cruise ship terminal, the airport or as agreed.
End location: I'll drop you at your hotel, cruise ship terminal, the airport or at as agreed.
Duration: 10 hours
subject to weather and traffic conditions
7 seater mini bus or 4-5 seater SUV.
NOTE: I can accommodate various groups of travelers. If you have specific transportation requirements, pricing inquiries or if your preferred start time isn't listed, please send me an email by clicking on 'ASK A QUESTION' button listed on my tour page and profile. I will reply to you promptly.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
100 AUD - Cost of refreshments along the way, lunch and any wine you choose to purchase. The wine tastings are sometimes free of charge or subject to a small fee of around A$10.
No special restrictions