Visit Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu in this 2 Days/1 night tour from Cusco
Machu Picchu is one of the most important archaeological sites in the world and it is the main tourist destination of Peru. It was declared as New Seven Wonders of the World in 2007.
Though many photographers have tried, no glossy postcard can capture the sweep and majesty of Machu Picchu. viewed from above, the city's street, temples, and stairways sprawl across a jungle ridge that drops more than 400 meters into the Rio Urubamba below. Andean Peaks, including the horn-shaped Huayna Picchu, rise in the background and frame this mist-drenched island in the sky. The place has a vibrant, spiritual feel and is probably the world's best example of architecture integrating with the landscape. They taught us how to build our world around nature, not against it. There is not a stone out of place at Machu Picchu. Terraces, gardens, temples, staircases and aqueducts all have purpose and grace. Shapes mimic the silhouettes of surrounding mountains
Day 1: Cusco - Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes
- We 'll pick you up bright and early at your hotel and drive to Ollantaytambo. This is where we will catch the train to Aguas Calientes
- Upon arrival to Aguas Calientes, we will take the bus to Machu Picchu. When we arrive at Machu Picchu we will have a guided tour and you will also have time to explore on your own.
- We will then return to Aguas Calientes by bus. You will check into your hotel room.
- You will have some time to explore the quaint town of Aguas Calientes and also visit the natural hot springs.
Day 2: Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Cusco
- The second visit to Machu Picchu escorted by your tour guide and visit Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain. then return back to Aguas Calientes you will board the afternoon train to Ollantaytambo. From Ollantaytambo, we will travel by private van to Cusco and we will drop you off at your hotel. Arrival time in Cusco depends on the time of your train ticket.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Hotel
End Point Options: Hotel
Duration: 2 days
I use modern cars according to the number of the customers
Estimated Local Cash Needed
100 USD - For your lunch, dinner, and other personal expenses
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
I booked a 2D1N private tour and Juan was my tour guide. He's really really good. Before i even arrived in Peru, Juan took the initiative to message me and provide me with the details of the tour and my lodging. Not only that, he picked me up from Cusco airport and bring me around Cusco while waiting for my hotel to be checked in. Really had a warm welcome by him as he introduce me to local people and local foods. During my Machu Picchu trip, Juan took a lot of initiative, guide me all the way