7 hour private tour guided by your friendly space expert
The Space Center is the most popular tourist destination in Houston. This is where NASA trains the astronauts and operates the US human space exploration programs. You will see the actual hardware used to go to the moon, touch a moon rock, go inside a space station, visit Mission Control and see how we operated the Space Shuttle. This 7 hour private tour gives you an extraordinary opportunity to learn about the history, current programs and future plans for space exploration. Your guide, "Rocket Man" Bill, is a real space expert who will explain everything you see and answer all of your questions in a way you will easily understand. Your guide will pick you up at the Galveston Cruise Terminal as you get off the ship. After the Space Center tour, you will have transportation to your drop off at the Houston Hobby Airport (HOU), Houston Intercontinental Airport (IAH) or a Houston area hotel.
1. Pick up at the Galveston Cruise Terminal by private van. Please let me know which ship you will be disembarking.
2. Drive to the Space Center Houston.
3. View an excellent movie introducing NASA's vision for human space flight.
4. Visit the Starship Gallery, touch a real moon rock and walk through an actual space station.
5. Go inside the Space Shuttle at Independence Plaza. Your guide worked on this engineering marvel for 17 years.
6. Personal time for lunch, souvenir shopping, and wandering around spacesuits and spacecraft.
7. Take a tram ride through the Johnson Space Center.
8. Visit Mission Control and see the live, real time operation of the International Space Station.
9. Visit the Rocket Park, including a guided walk around an actual Saturn V rocket that launched the Apollo astronauts to the moon. It's the length of a football field…very impressive!!
10. Commercial transportation service (such as Uber) for your drop off at one of the Houston airports (either IAH or HOU) or your Houston area hotel.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Cruise Ship Port
Duration: 7 hours
Times may vary due to traffic and weather conditions.
9:30 am Pick up at the Galveston Cruise Terminal after disembarking from your cruise ship.
10:30 am Start your guided tour at NASA's Johnson Space Center.
4:30 pm Drop off at one of the Houston airports (IAH or HOU) or your Houston area hotel.
2012 Chrysler Town & Country 7 passenger van
The van is large enough to comfortably carry 5 guests plus 2 pieces of checked luggage per person. Extra luggage or oversized luggage may require some bags to be stored in the passenger seating area.
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
- Public Transportation Tickets
- Admission Tickets
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 $USD - Per person
Lunch at the food court is typically $10 to $15 per person, including drinks. You will be able to pay with any major credit card or cash.
Gratuities, if any, for the commercial transportation service driver would be paid in cash (USD). A typical tip would be $10 per hour of drive time. However, this is completely at your discretion.
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
We had an amazing tour with Bill today. It was a pleasure to be in the presence of such an influential man and we still cant believe we had this opportunity. Highlight of our holiday so far and was a once in a lifetime experience for us. Wouldnt hesitate to recommend this tour to anyone considering booking. The NASA facility available to visitors was vast and tour was 5 star. Best wishes xx