7 hour private tour guided by your friendly space expert
This 7 hour private guided tour gives you an extraordinary opportunity to learn about the history, current programs and future plans for space exploration. Your guide, "Rocket Man" Bill, is a real space expert who will explain everything you see and answer all of your questions in a way you will easily understand. You will get an in depth guided tour of NASA's Johnson Space Center which is the most popular tourist destination in Houston. This is where NASA trains the astronauts and operates the US human space exploration programs. You will see the actual hardware used to go to the moon, touch a moon rock, go inside a space station, visit Mission Control and see how we operated the Space Shuttle. Your guide will pick you up at one the Houston area airports (either HOU or IAH). Your drop off can be at the airport or a Houston area hotel.
1. Pick up by private van at the airport.
2. Drive to the Space Center Houston.
3. View an excellent movie introducing NASA's vision for human space flight.
4. Visit the Starship Gallery, touch a real moon rock and walk through an actual space station.
5. Go inside the Space Shuttle at Independence Plaza. Your guide worked on this engineering marvel for 17 years.
6. Personal time for lunch, souvenir shopping, and wandering around spacesuits and spacecraft.
7. Take a tram ride through the Johnson Space Center.
8. Visit Mission Control and see the live, real time operation of the International Space Station.
9. Visit the Rocket Park, including a guided walk around an actual Saturn V rocket that launched the Apollo astronauts to the moon. It's the length of a football field…very impressive!!
10. Board the van and drive back to the airport or your Houston area hotel.
Please note that your guide may choose to use a commercial service transportation service to your drop off location.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Pick up at one of the Houston area airports - either IAH or HOU. Please meet your guide outside the baggage claim area. Look for a silver Town and Country van. Your guide will be wearing a red NASA polo shirt and a red NASA baseball cap.
End location: Drop off at the airport or your Houston area hotel. You may make arrangements with your guide to add a stop for dinner or a mall shopping trip after the space center tour. Extra charges will apply for these added stops.
Duration: 7 hours
These times can be adjusted to fit your flight schedule.
Times may vary due to traffic and weather conditions.
9:30 am Pick up at one of the Houston area airport.
10:30 am Start your guided tour at NASA's Johnson Space Center.
4:30 pm Drop off at the airport or your Houston area hotel.
2012 Chrysler Town & Country 7 passenger van
The van is large enough to comfortably carry 5 guests plus 2 pieces of checked luggage per person. Extra luggage or oversized luggage may require some bags to be stored in the passenger seating area.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
15 $USD - Per person for lunch, snacks and drinks, not including souvenirs. Space Center Houston has 2 souvenir shops and a large food court. You will able to pay with any major credit card or cash.
As a condition of service, all guests (or their legal guardian) riding as a passenger in my vehicle will be required to read and sign a liability release on boarding the vehicle.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
We had a fantastic tour at Houston Space Center with Bill. He was so interesting and had so many amazing facts about the Space Program we were enthralled and thoroughly entertained. A Rocket scientist to spend time with at NASA...doesn't get any better :) We learned so much during our fun day. Bill was so accommodating and we were so comfortable in our trip from the Airport to the Space center and with all our bags he made it easy access through the center. Was the best 6 hour layover ever!