Holy Week and April Fair Tours
Spring in Seville is absolutely spectacular, indescribable, you need to live it!!
The HOLY WEEK is a true experience that you must live hand in hand with someone who understands and love it and is able to guide you through the crowded streets, the centenarian mysteries and rituals of the brotherhoods, the history of this complex galore of arts and feelings both religious and profane.
Every year, during the first full moon in Spring, for a whole week, the city stops its normal life to live absorbed in itself and its celebration. The religious figures made during the best baroque, the old embroideries made with gold thread and silk, the silver and gold metalwork, along with the crowd, the incense, the music…
APRIL'S FAIR, originally an important and old livestock fair but today is the biggest social and aesthetic event of the city. The entertainment a and the party is moved to an ephemeral city, the horsemen and horsewomen. . .
It is a genuine feast of colour and image you will never forget!
HOLY WEEK TOUR
- We'll meet at a central point previously agreed or at your hotel and walk through the history and traditions of Seville, following the processions and living a truly local experience with a stop for a drink.
APRIL FAIR TOUR
- We'll meet at April Fair or if you want, at your hotel and go there together (transportation is not included)
- We will discover "El Real" where Feria is, visit some privates "Casetas" and eat and drink typical spring and local food. You can learn how to dance a little bit of "Flamenco" and be part of this authentic festivity.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: At a central meeting point or at your hotel (taxi fare is not included in the tour price).
End location: - At a central point in the city center for the Holy Week tour.
- At the April Fair (taxi stop) for the Fair tour.
Duration: 3 hours 30 min.
This is a walking tour.
- Specialist guide to explain you our traditions and festivities
- Aperitif and a drink.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 20 - In case you need a taxi to reach the April Fair and go back to your accommodation.
- Transportation (Holy week tour is in the city centre, but April Fair is in another area, you can take a taxi or we could do that together).
* If you want a horse carriage during April Fair, please let me know in advance.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Lola was an amazing guide with a very good hand for children. For all of us the day spent under Lola's guidance in Sevilla was the highlight of our trip to Andalucia.