A city tour that you will never forget!
Commonly known as "Saigon", Ho Chi Minh City is the largest city in Vietnam; a home to 10 million people and 7 million scooters! Although Hanoi in the north is the capital city, Ho Chi Minh City in the south functions as the main economic and financial hub of Vietnam. The city has since risen from the devastation of the war period. We can still see well-preserved colonial buildings and war relics in the city. On the other hand, high rise and modern buildings are making their presence felt.
Although the city is chaotic with endless slow-moving traffic, the hustle and bustle of the city do not affect the unique friendliness of the people. An easy greeting of hello in Vietnamese, "Xin Chao" is sufficient to taste the local hospitality. Forget about shopping and must-see-attractions for a while. Let me show you the real Saigon. Experience firsthand how people live. Take a sip of Vietnamese coffee while seeing the world pass by. It will be an unforgettable experience!
We will basically do the following activities in the city:
* Explore small alleys and local fresh markets.
* Visit Thien Hau Pagoda in Chinatown.
* Drive along a canal to see the huge contrast between the poor stilts houses and new high rise buildings.
* Visit the War Remnants Museum.
* Tour around Dong Khoi area which includes the General Post Office, the Notre Dame Cathedral, the former CIA headquarters, the Rex Hotel, and the City Hall.
* Optional: 45 minutes trishaw ride around the city.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: The driver and I will pick you up from the agreed upon location.
End location: The driver and I will drop you off at your preferred location.
Duration: 7 hours
Transportation in a comfortable air-conditioned Toyota car (groups of 2-3) or Ford Transit van (groups of 4-10).
* My services as your private tour guide.
* Transportation in a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle.
* Bottled drinking water.
* Lunch of pho and one drink.
* Entrance fee to museum.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
15 USD - For the trishaw ride if you wish to take it.
Note: 15 USD equal approximately 340,000 VND.
Any personal purchases or souvenirs.
Although I do not drive, my private guided tours include the rental of a vehicle.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Xuan was superb! He met us at the airport with a very good driver and took us to a great local restaurant . Xuan knowledge and passion of his city was quite evident. We learned many details of the sites that we had never heard before. He moved us along and knew all the best vantage spots to see the treasures! Wonderful day in a beautiful city! Gracias!!