Catch the most beautiful sunrise in the top of the Volcano with a private guide!
Take a break from the city and join a private tour to see the beautiful sunrise from the top of the Merapi volcano! Merapi (2968 meters above sea level) is one of the most active volcanoes in the world and the most influential mountain in the tradition, religious and public life of Java (especially Jogja) since hundreds of years ago.
You adventure will be guided by me plus a local guide. Our journey will begin at midnight from Selo Village (1560 meters) which is the base camp to hike Merapi Volcano. And with normal speed after 5 hours of hiking we will reach the Pasar Bubrah which is a wide area of volcanic sand and rock right under the Peak of Merapi.
At the Pasar Bubrah we can see the hypnotizing sunrise with some stunning scenery. After enjoying the sunrise we will continue the journey with another 3 hours walk back to base camp.
15. 00 Pick-up from your hotel
18. 00 Arrival at the base camp
18. 30 Dinner
19. 00-23. 30 sleep in a local's house
24. 00 Start hiking to Merapi
05. 00 Arrival at the top and enjoy the sunrise
07. 00 Climb down
09. 00 Arrival at the base camp and breakfast
13. 00 Arrival at your hotel
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: We will pick you up from your hotel, train station or airport as long as it's still in Jogjakarta City
End location: We will drop you back at your hotel
Duration: 2 days
Modern A/C car. We usually use KIA Picanto for groups of 1-2 persons and Toyota Avanza for 3-4 people. In case you need a bigger car (because of your luggage or comfort requirements), please let me know.
- Entrance fee
- Private Professional guiding services in English or Indonesian
- Merapi local guide for the climb
- Transport in modern, A/C car
- Parking, Gas
- Dinner and Breakfast
- Basic equipment: head lamp, tracking pole
- 1,5 L mineral water
- Sleeping bag and mattress
- Rain coat
Estimated Local Cash Needed
200000 Rupiah - Everything you normally need for the trip is already included in the tour price.
In case you are interested in buying extra snacks, souvenirs etc. - things that are not mentioned in "What's included" section, please have some more local currency in cash as not all the stores accept Credit card.
- Personal equipment : Jackets, shoes
- Personal expenses like extra snacks, souvenirs and personal medicines