See and taste it all: 17th century Unesco-heritage canals, Dam square and Royal Palace, medieval citycentre, Red Light District
Join me on a walk across the wonderful citycentre and enjoy the highlights in a very efficient way! Starting from your hotel we'll plan an itinerary that includes both the main sights and the hidden gems. Halfway we will stop in a nice local place for a hot or cold drink.
We'll admire the architecture of the 17th century canalhouses while I tell you about the history and social background of Amsterdam. You'll love the peaceful medieval courtyard called Begijnhof just as much as the lively and relaxed atmosphere of our diverse city.
At a quiet pace we will walk towards the Amstel River, while having plenty of opportunities to taste local delicacies.
To complete this walkingtour you'll board a comfortable hop on hop off canalboat that will take you on a tour of the canals. While relaxing after your citywalk you will enjoy the view of the 17th century Unesco heritage from a different perspective! The hop on hop off boat has a stop at the Anne Frank House, but entrance tickets need to be reserved by yourself.
* We start our exploration of Amsterdam in the lobby of your hotel or any other place in the citycentre
* the itinerary is flexible, but will include the highlights like the oldest parts of town, the Red Light District and Chinatown, the Royal Palace at Dam Square and the peaceful and quiet medieval courtyard called Begijnhof
* We'll walk on to the river Amstel and admire the view of the 17th century drawbridge and the houseboats that are part of the scenery of the Amsterdam canals
* The guided tour ends when you board the hop on hop off canalboat for a wonderful and relaxing tour that will show you the 17th century canalhouses from a completely different point of view.
This canalboat also has a stop at the Anne Frank House, but entrance tickets are not included.
*I can always customize this tour to your personal wishes and interests, so please let me know your preferences
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Hotel
Duration: 6 hours
Your guided walk will last four hours. After that, your canalboat trip takes about 1,5 hours, but as this is a hop on hop off tour the duration will depend on your personal itinerary.
Your ticket is valid for 24 hours.
This is a 4 hours' guided private walking tour, as this is the best way to enjoy Amsterdam. The last part of the tour is by comfortable canal boat. I will not join you on the canalboat, but I will wait till you are seated on the ship!
If your cruise ship docks at the Passengers Terminal in the city center, I will meet you there. If you wish we will use public transport to get to the starting point of our walk near Central Station.
- Guiding Services
Estimated Local Cash Needed
23 euro - * If required, public transport from the Passenger Terminal to Central Station will be 3 euros per person
* average price for lunch varies between 8 - 20 euros
- Personal Expenses
- Public Transportation Tickets
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
I am a safe driver, but if you want to book a tour outside Amsterdam without using public transport, I rent a professional driver and mini van, since I am convinced that driving and guiding are different jobs!
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Marianne was an extraordinary guide. Knowledgeable, personable, helpful and fun to be with. Anyone wanting a fabulous introduction to Amsterdam would be advised to book her