See it all: the 17th century canals, Flowermarket, Dam square and Royal Palace, Red Light District
Join me on a walk across the wonderful citycentre and enjoy the highlights in a very efficient way! Starting near Central Station we'll first cross the Red Light District in the oldest part of town, see the Royal Palace at Dam Square and find our way to the floating Flowermarket. We'll admire the architecture of the 17th century canalhouses while I tell you about the history and social background of Amsterdam. You'll be amazed by the peaceful medieval courtyard called Begijnhof and by the 17th century group portraits that can be seen out on the public road near the Amsterdam Museum. We will walk on to the Amstel River and to complete this walkingtour you'll board a comfortable hop on hop off canalboat that will take you on a tour of the canals. While relaxing after your citywalk you will enjoy the view of the 17th century Unesco heritage from a different perspective! The hop on hop off boat has a stop at the Anne Frank House, but entrance tickets need to be reserved by yourself.
* We start in the lobby of your hotel or at Central Station and walk across the oldest parts of town, the Red Light District and Chinatown to the Royal Palace at Dam Square
* We'll stroll on to Begijnhof, the peaceful and quiet medieval courtyard. We'll continue to the floating flowermarket
* Halfway our walk, in the area near the flowermarket, we'll stop for a drink and you can taste and buy some cheese.
* We'll walk on to the river Amstel and admire the view of the 17th century drawbridge and the houseboats that are part of the scenery of the Amsterdam canals
* The guided tour ends when you board the hop on hop off canalboat for a wonderful and relaxing tour that will show you the 17th century canalhouses from a completely different point of view.
This canalboat also has a stop at the Anne Frank House, but entrance tickets are not included.
*I can always customize this tour to your personal wishes and interests, so please let me know your preferences.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Hotel
End Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Hotel
Duration: 4 hours
Your guided walk will last four hours. After that, your canalboat trip takes about 1,5 hours, but as this is a hop on hop off tour the duration will depend on your personal itinerary.
This is mainly a walking tour, as this is the best way to enjoy Amsterdam. The last part of the tour is by comfortable canal boat. If your cruise ship docks at the Passengers Terminal in the city center, you can use public transport to get to the starting point near Central Station.
- Guiding Services
Estimated Local Cash Needed
23 euro - * If required, public transport from the Passenger Terminal to Central Station will be 3 euros per person
* average price for lunch varies between 8 - 20 euros
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
I am a safe driver, but if you want to book a tour outside Amsterdam without using public transport, I rent a professional driver and mini van, since I am convinced that driving and guiding are different jobs!
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Our group loved Marianne. She was flexible in our schedule, well organized, and moved at a nice pace. We just had a one day layover, and it made our time so much more productive to have her guiding us and helping us connect to Dutch culture and history. Thanks Marianne!