One Day Ernest Hemingway's Haunts Tour
Visit "Finca Vigía" (House of Ernest Hemingway in Cuba). Hemingway lived in the house from mid-1939 to 1960, renting it at first, and then buying it in December 1940. It was at Finca Vigía that he wrote much of For Whom the Bell Tolls (a novel of the Spanish Civil War which Hemingway had covered as a journalist with Gellhorn in the late 1930s—the novel was started at the Ambos Mundos Hotel, and also wrote The Old man and the Sea (1951). Now the house is a museum.
In your pursuit of Hemingway steps you are going to enjoy his favorite drinks, visit his favorite places and get to know the Cuban part of the writer…
You re also going to have the opportunity to make some personal purchases on the biggest handcraft market the Capital has to offer.
- (9:30am) Your guide will pick you up in order to take you to "Finca Vigía" (House of Ernest Hemingway in Cuba now museum).
- Visit Cojimar town; place that inspire The Old Man and the Sea.
- Visit San José Handcraft Market in order to purchase souvenirs.
- Visit El Floridita Bar; one of Hemingway's favorite spots on Havana.
- Return to your accommodations.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: We can meet in the Hotel lobby, at the Cruise Terminal or in the Casa Particular (B&B) you are staying.
End location: Drop off at your accommodation or any other convenient location for you.
Duration: 6 hours 30 min.
Taxi Minivan up to 6 persons.
Taxi Sedan for couples.
- Guiding Services
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 CUC - For personal purchses and extra drinks.
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
I am not a driver, but I can arrange transportation upon request.