A half day tour in Medieval Old town Porvoo and Helsinki Highlights
This tour starts with a 50 minute drive to the unique, cozy Old Town of Porvoo. I will tell you interesting things about our oddities, the sauna, nature, economy, education, healthcare etc. The list is endless! Porvoo has a rich history and it has played a significant part in our rocky road towards independence from Russia. We have four medieval cities in Finland and Porvoo is the second oldest. Its beauty will charm you. On our drive back to Helsinki I will tell you about our history, the four seasons, industry, high technology and more. Helsinki is known for its numerous parks and it is a clean, modern city. We will visit the most popular attractions, drive along the waterfront and admire our islands. I want to tell you about the largest archipelago in the whole of Europe, here in Finland. Let me tell you more about us Finns, about the history of Helsinki. Let's have an unforgettable day together!
* If you are 3 people or less, please inquire for a customized tour.
Start from hotel or harbour:
Old Town of Porvoo (approximately 50 minutes drive)
- Porvoo Cathedral
- Brunberg chocolate store
- Coffee/snack break
- former houses of the four estates
- Old City Hall square
- free time for visit museums or shopping (museums of former bourgeois home, Finnish art museum, Finland 100 years exhibition)
- Neo Classical Senate Square
- Ice breakers
- Presidential Palace
- Uspenski Cathedral
- Parliament House
- Finlandia Hall
- The National Museum
- Kiasma, the Contemporary Museum
- Sibelius monument (visit)
- Rock Church (visit, entrance fee included)
- Market square
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will meet you at your hotel or any suitable place for you. Harbour customers, I will meet you at the port with a sign with your name on.
End location: The tour will end at your hotel, harbour or any suitable place which is previously agreed.
Duration: 6 hours
Traffic can cause delay, however we will be on good time at the harbour.
Comfortable air conditioned minibus with driver
** If you are less than 3 persons, please inquire me for a customized tour
- entrance fee to Rock Church
- comfortable minibus with experienced driver
- you will have my total devotion to make your day a good one
Estimated Local Cash Needed
15 euros - Optional coffee and snack/ lunch break.
Some shops in Porvoo do not accept American Express.
- optional coffee/ lunch break
- optional entrance fee to museum is 8 euros (this allows you to visit 2 museums). The museums are closed in winter time on Monday and Tuesday.
- Suomenlinna Sea fortress starts 1.5 2018
- There might be a minor delay due to snow in winter time