Hiking for outdoor people in this unique landscape
Fresh air, tranquility and nature - don't we all want to experience that! Only a 45 minute drive from the hectic city life and we are in the very unique Nuuksio National park with a typical Finnish scenery with lakes, green forests and high rocks.
Half of the trail consists of narrow paths and the other half is an easygoing path. Total trail is 1, 3 miles (2 km).
We are hungry after hiking, a pik nik at the open fire gives us more energy to start paddling the canoes, rowing or even sup- boarding (only in summer season). These activities are of course volunteer activities, it is also wonderful to just sit and listen to the silence and birds songs.
The tour consists of Haltia museum where will get more familiar to the Finnish nature.
- 45 minute drive to Nuuksio National Park (partly via the countryside)
- 2 kilometer (1, 3 miles) hiking (voluntary) in the circled trail among forests and ponds
- break at open camp fire place (barbeque of sausage, cold potato salad + cold beverages)
- canoeing/ sup-boarding in Haukkalampi pond (only in summer)
- why not a swim in the clear water!
- Haltia nature center (visit included)
- Coffee and sweet bun at open fire
- back to Helsinki
Haltia Nature Center with a wide collection of Finnish nature represented is included in the tour.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: The tour will start at your hotel, harbour or any other area agreed.
End location: The tour will end at your hotel, harbour or any other area agreed.
Duration: 5 hours
Minivan or car with me as the driver, depending of size of your party . Tour consists of walking, partly in diverse terrain so please wear proper shoes.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 euro - Optional rental for canoe, sup board or row- boat. Please let me know in advance which is your possible choice.