Local Experience, Hiking and Walking, First Time Visitor, City
Kid Friendly: Yes. Suitable for baby-carriages as well.
Helsinki has suitable sidewalks for wheelchairs.
Maximum travelers: 10
English (fluent), Finnish (fluent), Spanish (advanced), Swedish (fluent)
Major attractions, history, architecture and daily life
Get familiar to Helsinki by foot! This is a convenient way to explore all the highlights in our vibrant seaside city. All major highlights locates in a short distance from each other and besides those you will certainly fall in love with this beautiful capital with its numerous green parks and the sea. The best reviews that we usually receive is that Helsinki is such a clean and green city with friendly honest people. What can I say! I agree and I would be so proud to let you experience the same!
Besides the attractions, you will get to know several interesting things about Finns and our traditions.
Tour consists of major Highlights in Helsinki
- Neoclassical Senate Square and the Cathedral
- University library ( closed on Sundays)
- Market Square area
- Former jail (hotel today), visit inside to see former cells
- Former Russian quarters, Jugend stile area
- Esplanade Park
- Uspenski Cathedral (closed Mondays)
- Main street, Mannerheimintie
- Contemporary Museum of Art
- Central Railway station ( visit inside)
- Music Centre
- Parliament House
- Chapel of Silence (optional visit)
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: At your hotel, harbour or any other area chosen by you.
End location: At your hotel or any other area chosen by you.
* Cruice guests: I will point out the location of the shuttle bus or tram to harbour if you decide to stay in the centre. Some ships port in walking distance, no need for transport in that case. Shuttle buses may have fees.
Duration: 3 hours
A professional guide who is devoted to make an unforgettable and informative tour for you.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
4 euro - Optional coffee or beverage break (3-5 euros). Otherwise no local cash needed.
** Cruise guests have shuttle bus to harbour with varying fees. Some ships port in Helsinki center and then there is no need for a shuttle bus.
Personal expenses, eg. shopping souvenirs.