Local districts, Arabia Design museum and architecture from various decades
This tour is especially for those who wants to experience localities!
This tour takes us to local areas and several architectural styles from different decades are represented along this route.
We will pay a visit to the Arabia Design museum with a collection of Finnish design (closed Mondays and Tuesdays), walk at the rapids, area where Helsinki was founded in 1550.
The Old Town Bay is a beautiful recreation area where hundreds of species of birds nest in the summer. We will probably run into eager fishermen as well, even in winter time!
We will continue our tour through Käpylä (Olympic Village), an old wooden former working class area, towards the city and you will hear more interesting stories about localities and Finns. A visit in Eira and Munkkiniemi areas are a must!
* If you are more than 5 persons, please inquire for a customized tour
- Hämeentie, one of our main streets towards the Design Museum Arabia
- Hakaniemi Market Hall
- Various architectural styles in numerous areas towards the Design Museum
- Optional visit in Arabia Design Museum (closed on Mondays and Tuesdays)
- Old Town bay at the rapids (walking)
- Optional coffee/snack break
- Käpylä old wooden houses from 1920's
- Olympic village from 1940's
- Back to centre via Mannerheim-street ( Helsinki main street)
- The Opera house
- Finlandia Hall
- Music Center
- the National Museum
- Parliament house
- Central Railway station
- Senate square and market square
- Prestigious Eira and Munkkiniemi residential areas
** This tour can be customized for more than 5 persons
** This tour can be customized to add all Helsinki Highlights, please contact me for further details
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will meet you at your hotel, harbour with a sign on your name on, or any other area agreed.
End location: The tour will end at your hotel, harbour or any other area agreed.
Duration: 4 hours
A comfortable, air-conditioned car with me driving it.
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
Estimated Local Cash Needed
8 euros - Coffee/snack in a cafeteria (optional)
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks