Local districts, Arabia Design museum and architecture from various decades
Welcome to Arabia! It is only 6 kilometers (3. 7 miles) from Helsinki center and I will tell you the origin of this exotic name.
This tour takes us to local areas and several architectural styles from the 20th and 21st century are represented along this route. We will pay a visit to the Arabia Design museum (closed Mondays and Tuesdays), walk at the rapids, area where Helsinki was founded in 1550.
The Old Town Bay is a beautiful recreation area where hundreds of species of birds nest in the summer. We will probably run into eager fishermen as well. After our walk, I'm sure we deserve a cup of coffee and a Finnish pastry at the restaurant at the rapids.
We will continue our tour through Käpylä (Olympic Village), an old wooden former working class area, towards the city and you will hear more interesting stories about localities and Finns.
* This tour can be customized for a smaller group
- Hämeentie, one of our main streets towards the Design Museum Arabia
- Hakaniemi Market Hall
- Various architectural styles in numerous areas towards the Design Museum
- Visit in Arabia Design Museum (closed on Mondays and Tuesdays)
- Own time for shopping (optional) Finnish Design (Anu Pentik, Iittala, Finlayson)
- Old Town bay (walking)
- Optional coffee7snack break at the rapids
- Käpylä old wooden houses from 1920's
- Olympic village from 1940's
- Back to centre via Mannerheim-street ( Helsinki main street)
- The Opera house
- Finlandia Hall
- Music Center
- the National Museum
- Parliament house
- Central Railway station
- Senate square and market square if time permits
** This tour can be customized for less than 3 persons.
** This tour can be customized to add all Helsinki Highlights, please contact me for further detail
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will meet you at your hotel, harbour with a sign on your name on, or any other area agreed.
End location: The tour will end at your hotel, harbour or any other area agreed.
Duration: 4 hours
A comfortable, air-conditioned minibus with driver.
A comfortable, spacious minibus with driver.
For less than 3 persons, please inquire for a customized tour.
Design Museum entrance (there is no entrance fee).
Estimated Local Cash Needed
8 euros - Coffee/snack at the restaurant Koskenranta, 3-8 euros
There is a entrance fee for an optional visit to the Museum of Technology, 8 euros.
If you prefer a coffee/ drink/ snacks at the restaurant at the rapids it is on your expense.