Local districts and home, Arabia Design museum and architecture from 20th decades
Welcome to Arabia! It is only 6 kilometers (3. 7 miles) from Helsinki center and I will tell you the origin of this exotic name.
This tour takes us to local areas and several architectural styles from the 20th century are represented by this route. We will pay a visit to the Arabia Design museum, walk in the Annala Park which leads us directly to the spot where Helsinki was founded by king Gustav Vasa of Sweden in 1550. The Old Town Bay is a beautiful recreation area where hundreds of species of birds nest in the summer. We will probably run into birdwatchers and eager fishermen. After our walk, I'm sure we deserve a cup of coffee and a Finnish pastry in my home by the rapids, or at a terrace at the rapids (your choice)
We will continue our tour through Käpylä (Olympic Village), an old wooden working class area, towards the city and you will hear more interesting stories about localities and Finns.
* This tour can be customized for a smaller group
- Hämeentie, one of our main streets towards the Design Museum Arabia
- Hakaniemi Market Hall
- Various architectural styles in numerous areas towards the Design Museum
- Visit in Arabia Design Museum
- Own time for shopping Finnish Design (Anu Pentik, Iittala, Finlayson)
- Annala Manor and its surroundings (walking)
- Old Town bay
- Optional coffee break at the rapids or at my home (coffee and Finnish pastry)
- Käpylä old wooden houses from 1920's
- Olympic village from 1940's
- Back to centre via Mannerheim-street ( Helsinki main street)
- The Opera house
- Finlandia Hall
- Music Center
- the National Museum
- Parliament house
** This tour can be customized for less than 3 persons.
** This tour can be customized to add all Helsinki Highlights, please contact me for further detail
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will meet you at your hotel, harbour with a sign on your name on, or any other area agreed.
End location: The tour will end at your hotel, harbour or any other area agreed.
Duration: 4 hours
A comfortable, air-conditioned minibus with driver.
A comfortable, spacious minibus with driver.
For less than 3 persons, please inquire for a customized tour.
Design Museum entrance (there is no entrance fee).
Coffee with Finnish pastry in my local home.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
3 euros - Coffee break/Finnish pastry in my local home at the rapids is included.
3 euro if you want to buy e.g an ice cream
There is a entrance fee for an optional visit to the Museum of Technology, 8 euros.