Helsinki Stopover Tour with Private Guide and Driver
Let me share my beautiful home town with you on a Helsinki stop over. I will meet you at the Airport with comfortable vehicle and driver and from there we will drive into town.
Amongst others we will cover :
- Historical Senate Square, one of the best preserved neo-classical squares in all Northern Europe
- Helsinki Lutheran and Uspenski Orthodox cathedrals
- Market Square, an authentic city market with a local feel.
- Esplanadi Park
- Central Railway Station, designed by Architect Eliel
Saarinen, father of American Architecht Eero Saarinen.
- Parliament Building, Museum of Modern Art,
- The stunningly designed Rock Church(subject to availability)
- The Chapel of Silence, an oasis of tranquility in the heart of the city.
This tour can be adapted to include a JEWISH HELSINKI theme. Let me know if this tour is of interest.
ALSO: The car and driver transport can be replaced by the direct Airport train service . This will lower the tour price. Let me know if you are interested in this.
1) Meet at Airport. We will drive into town, a journey of approximately 30 minutes.
2) Begin city tour covering all major sights en route.
3) Break for coffee, refreshments and/or souvenir shopping.
4) Continue tour with remaining sights.
5) Tour completed. Driver and I will escort your group back to the airport.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will meet you as follows:
At the airport arrival hall.You can identify me from a sign with your group name.
End location: We will drive back to the airport at the end of the tour.
Duration: 4 hours
If your stopover is shorter or longer let me know and I can tailor the tour to meet your needs.
We will be our booked transport of comfortable mini van and driver
If your group size exceeds ten persons, please contact me for an individual tour offer.
You will receive my undivided attention as a qualified Guide, Finnish language interpreter and cross cultural adviser!
Also the services of a driver and vehicle are included for the duration of the tour.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
3 EUR - Entry to THE ROCK CHURCH is charged at EUR 3/person and payable in cash at the door.
Entry to THE ROCK CHURCH is charged at EUR3/person and payable in cash at the door.
Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Sight, I am not allowed to give tours inside the Suomenlinna Maritime Fortress. Only accredited Suomenlinna guides permitted. The island is visible from the mainland by boat where commentary is unrestricted.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Maria is a fantastic guide! She stayed in touch beforehand, provided suggestions for what to do on our own, and was flexible about where we could meet as well as the pace of the tour. (One of us had digestive issues and needed to go a little slower and stay close to places with toilet facilities.) She is EXTREMELY knowledgeable and gave us so much interesting info about the area. She is also so friendly and warm. I highly recommend her.