Shore Excursion, Religious Heritage, Museums / Culture, First Time Visitor
Kid Friendly: Yes.
The Kapena Falls segment of the tour is not wheelchair friendly. For groups with travelers not able to traverse this stop, an alternate stop will be substituted.
Maximum travelers: 5
Spanish (basic), English (fluent)
Explore the rich and complex history of one of the most fascinating places on Earth
Hawaiian history began when voyagers crossed the entirety of the Pacific Ocean without the aid of a compass at a time when African, European, and Asian explorers barely left sight of land. This long and twisted tale continues on through conquest, kingdom, colonization, and commerce right up to today.
Walk in the footsteps of heroes and traitors, victims and victors. See the remnants of the last great civilization on Earth to be contacted by the outside world. Experience the tragedy and triumph of Hawai'i Nei as you feel the weight of the ages beneath your own feet.
- Pickup at your preferred location
- Iolani Palace
- Kawaihao Church
- Mauna'ala Royal Mausoleum State Monument
- Kapena Falls
- Queen Emma Summer Palace
- Pali Lookout
- Ulupo Heiau
- Dropoff at your preferred location
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Your hotel, cruise ship terminal, HNL airport, other locations by request.
End location: Your hotel, cruise ship terminal, HNL airport, other locations by request.
Duration: 6 hours
Air-conditioned Kia Sedona 7-seat (guide plus six passengers) minivan
- My time and service as your private guide
- Private transportation in an A/C vehicle
- Pick up and drop off at Waikiki hotels, cruise ship terminal, or airport
- Bottled Water
- Cooler with ice
Estimated Local Cash Needed
25 US Dollars - $15 Lunch at your choice of locations
$8 Admission to Queen Emma Summer Palace
- $10-15 per person for lunch at your choice of locations
- $8 Admission to Queen Emma Summer Palace
- Any personal purchases or expenses