Follow Marco Polo's footsteps and discover the splendid scenery in Hangzhou
Hangzhou was settled as early as 4700 years ago, thus giving birth to the auroral Liangzhu Civilization. One of the seven ancient capitals and the key scenic tourism and historical culture cities in China, Hangzhou once was applauded as "the most splendid and luxurious city in the world" by Marco Polo, the Italian traveler in the 13th century.
Hangzhou is the most beautiful garden city in China famous for its picturesque West Lake, the ancient canal, lakeside temples and historic buildings. It boasts lots of local products, like silk, Xihu silk umbrellas, color-glazed porcelain, Longjing tea, and white white chrysanthemum, etc.
In this tour, we will visit the picturesque West Lake, take a boat to the centre of the lake and visit the neighborhood Linyin Temple area.
- Pick you up in your hotel lobby.
- Take a fast train from shanghai to Hangzhou (90min).
- Visit the West Lake including a short cruise to the isle in the lake.
- Visit Linyin Temple area .
- Get back to the railway station to Shanghai .
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Hotel lobby, Airport, Cruise Ship Port, (the place to be confirmed).
End location: Hotel lobby
Cruise Ship Port
the place (to be confirmed)
Duration: 10 hours
- Private van from hotel to train station and in Hangzhou.
- Bullet train from Shanghai to Hangzhou
- Excellent English speaking tour guide service
- Fast train tickets
- Transportation to the train station, and in Hanghzou
Estimated Local Cash Needed
300 RMB - 100-300RMB/person for meals depending on the restaurant recommended.
Scenic spots tickets and meals.
I am not a driver guide but work with excellent chauffeurs if you would like me to arrange a car for your tour. I am also more than happy to walk, take subways, bullet trains and riverboats as appropriate!