Enjoy Your Private Tour from Tokyo
Hakone is a popular hot-spring town located near Mt. Fuji, about 100 km south-west from Tokyo. There are many spectacular spots including Oowakudani (Great boiling valley) and Lake Ashi surrounded by beautiful mountains.
Through this tour, you will enjoy panoramic views from a pirate boat on Lake Ashi and fantastic rope-way. We also visit a historical site called "Hakone Sekisho" which is a historic checkpoint on a main transport route to and from Tokyo. Today, you can experience the history from this well restored facility.
We will take the Shinkansen train which runs about 250 Km/h from Tokyo to Odawara that is an entrance town to Hakone. It takes only half an hour. So, this is the fastest and the most comfortable way to get to Hakone.
Sample of tour time itinerary:
- 08:00 meet at your hotel and go to Tokyo station
- 09:00 Tokyo station: go to Odawara by Shinkansen
- 09:30 Odawara: coffee break and go to Lake Ashi by train and bus.
- 11:00 Lake Ashi: see a historical spot of Hakone check point. Have lunch
- 12:30 Pirate Ship to Togendai in the other side of Lake Ashi.
- 13:10 Togendai: go to Oowakudani by rope way.
- 13:30 Owakudani: see volcanic activities around the great boiling valley. Coffee break
- 14:30 go to Odawara by ropeway, cable car, and mountain train.
- 16:30 leave Odawara for Tokyo by Shinkansen
- 18:00 back to your hotel.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Hotel
End Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Hotel
Duration: 10 hours
Shinkansen (super express train), rope-way, cable car, boat, mountain-train, and bus.
- Guiding Services
Estimated Local Cash Needed
15000 JPY - Shinkansen fare of the round trip between Tokyo and Odawara : 7880 JPY
Hakone free pass: 4000 JPY (4600 JPY from Apr. 2019)
Lunch and drinks: about 1500 JPY
Note-1: If you have JR pass, you can use it for the Shinkansen fare. .
Note-2: Hakone free pass covers all transportation in Hakone area such as bus, mountain train, cable car, rope-way, and a pirate boat.
- Public Transportation Tickets
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
I do not drive a car with customers due to local regulation. If a customer requests to use a car, I can arrange a taxi.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
From the moment we contacted him, Eiichi was most responsive with his suggestions as we toured Tokyo in an unknown environment, language and food. He was extremely responsive to our several requirements on the itinerary, received us at airport, made us comfortable and provided an excellent tour, with insight on the Japanese habits, culture, language etal, without being intrusive. We wouls STRONGLY RECOMMEND Eiichi for anyone visiting Tokyo and nearabouts.