Haifa shore excursion to the Galilee and back
This tour is truly special - it will take you to the ancient heart of history, religion and the natural beauty of the area surrounding the incomparable Sea of Galilee. Starting with a pick up from your cruise ship we'll travel east towards the city named for the Roman emperor Tiberius. The tour begins with a stunning lookout point high on the Arbel cliff national park for a commanding view of much of the lower Galilee, the Sea of Galilee and the Golan Heights. During the day-long tour you'll visit fascinating historic and religious sites crucial to Jewish and Christian history, hear some little-known stories of the region and it's people, dine at a local sea-side restaurant and if you choose, take a dip in the Sea of Galilee.
1. Pickup at your cruise ship in Haifa harbor.
2. Visit to Arbel National Park overlooking the Sea of Galilee - lookout, general orientation.
3. Visit to Magdala visitor center and archaeological site. Birthplace of Mary Magdalene and 1st century synagogue.
4. Kibbutz Ginnosar - ancient Galilee boat museum.
5. Lunch at St. Peter's fish restaurant or similar.
6. visit to Capernaum
- Optional - Swim in the Sea of Galilee
7. Time permitting: Coffee with English-speakers on nearby kibbutz, or visit to the "Island of Peace" on the Jordan River.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Cruise Ship Port
Duration: 8 hours
Transportation in my touring car, a model 2011 Hyundai Santa-Fe. The car is clean, well maintained and fully air conditioned.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
200 Israeli Shekels - This should cover lunch and entrance fees. It comes out to about $52 per person. Please note that this is an estimate only.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour