A 6-hour guided tour of the two Dutch medieval cities of Haarlem and Leiden!
Discover the unique and totally different atmosphere from Amsterdam of those two old cities. First I will take you to Haarlem, the city of 17th century legendary Dutch artist Frans Hals. I will take you for a walk around a historical city center where you will see the Grote Markt square with its massive St. Bavo cathedral and old town hall, then for a walk to the embankment of Spaarne river, from where we will get a great view over the city. Afterwards we will walk towards the old Walloon & Bakenesser churches. After the walk you will have time for a lunch. I can organize a lunch for you at some special places. Please contact me for suggestions. After the lunch we will travel to city of Leiden. City of Rembrandt and the first Dutch University. I will take your around the center of the city for walking tour during which you will see the old Leiden University building, St Pieters church, the old city citadel and grounds were Rembrandt's house use to be. After the tour you will return to Amsterdam.
City of Haarlem:
- Old Town hall;
- Old drugstore;
- Frans Hals museum; (not visiting)
- De Waag (the weigh-house);
- embankment of Spaarne river;
- Walloon & Bakenesser churches;
- Cathedral of Saint Bavo;
City of Leiden:
- Morspoort (old city gate);
- Mill "De Put";
- De Doelen (old shooting range);
- Canal Rapenburg;
- Leiden University;
- Pieterskerk (St. Peters church);
- Old Town hall;
- De Burcht (old city citadel);
- museum De Lakenhal; (not visiting)
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Any centrally located point within Amsterdam. Should you require to be picked up at a location outside Amsterdam centre, please contact me.
End location: Any centrally located point within Amsterdam. Should you require to be picked up at a location outside Amsterdam centre, please contact me.
Duration: 6 hours
I offer my own spacious, air-conditioned car to travel to Leiden and Haarlem. The sight seeing tour in both cities are walking tours.
- Private and knowledgeable guide ;
- My own spacious, air-conditioned car;
- Cost of car parking;
Please note that the tour is fully customizable.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
30 euro - The average cost of a meal in café is about 15 euro. The prices for drinks starts from € 3,-.
- any other personal expenses;
- My car can accommodate up to 6 persons without luggage. For larger groups please let me know in advance.