Nature and Wildlife, Museums / Culture, Hiking and Walking, Day Trip / Out of Town
Kid Friendly: Yes. Children should be at least 4 feet tall.
Maximum travelers: 5
Spanish (advanced), Italian (basic), French (advanced), English (fluent)
Visit beautfiful Evergreen, Echo Lake and Mount Evans
We begin by exploring Red Rocks Amphitheater in the early morning. The views of Denver from the amphitheater of Denver are majestic. The Visitor Center describes the 300 million years of history that it took to form the rocks, as well as all of the notable musicians that have played in the amphitheater.
Venturing on to Evergreen, we will gaze at the spectacular mountain views and stroll at Evergreen Lake. Leaving Evergreen we continue our journey to Echo Lake.
Continuing on to Mount Evans we take the highest paved road in North America and ascend to more than 14, 000 feet above sea level.
From Mount Evans, a quick stop in Idaho Springs will give you a chance for a coffee, a snack and a stroll around the town as you learn about the mining history of the area as well as tall tales of interesting old Western bandits. For example, Jesse James and his gang often enjoyed the Hot Springs at Idaho Springs when they were in town. From Idaho Springs we will head back toward Denver.
- Denver hotel pick up
- Red Rocks Amphitheater.
- Evergreen and Evergreen Lake.
- Arrive at Echo Lake.
- Lunch at Echo Lodge.
- Depart for Mount Evans.
- Arrive at Mount Evans for some light hiking and site seeing.
- Leave Mount Evans and drive to Idaho Spring.
- Leave Idaho Springs.
- Return to Denver.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will meet you at your hotel in Denver.
End location: I will drop you off at your hotel.
Duration: 9 hours 30 min.
The tour is designed to last 9 and half hours but due to possible traffic and weather conditions the duration of the tour may last slightly longer.
- Passengers will be transported by an Infiniti QX60 which has three rows of seats. The SUV is equipped with leather seats, air conditioning in the front and back, sunroof and a DVD player for the children, in the back if desired.
- Walking and light hiking.
- My service and guiding expertise.
- Transportation from hotel to all sites.
- Entrance to Mount Evans.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
30 USD - - Lunch
- Paddle boat
- If you wish to take a paddle boat out on Evergreen Lake and we have the extra time.
I do not have any restrictions.