Whether you visit Moscow for the first time or have been here before, there are always wonders to discover. So, along with showing the world-famous must-see sights such as Red Square and The Kremlin, I love engaging my guests to go off the beaten path and venture into inconspicuous side streets to explore Moscow's authentic beauties and treasures.
Looking for treasures I'll also be proud to open the doors of Moscow's best museums to you. Just let me know your interests, there is everything here: royal jewellery and French impressionists, old Russian icons and space ships!
VERY IMPORTANT: In case you don't find the tour you were looking for, please send me a request and I'll be pleased to build a customised tour for you!
Here are some suggestions for cultural and entertaining visits in Moscow and around which may also be included in day tours or done as separate tours:
1) Kolomenskoye - summer residence of Russian Grand Princes and Tsars from the XV c. with UNESCO listed Church of Ascension;
2) Kuskovo - Moscow's little Versaille with a unique XVIII c. wooden classical palace;
3) Muzeon - "Fallen Idols" park with a colossal statue of Peter I in the middle of Moscow river;
4) Victory Park and Memorial - Moscow's main war memorial and museum dedicated mainly to WWII with the city's highest 142-m obelisk;
5) Novodevichy Convent (UNESCO listed) - Moscow's best preserved historical sight with a huge cultural heritage;
6) VDNKh - a reserve of Stalin's imperial architecture with 2 gorgeous Moscow's biggest fountains;
7) Tretyakov Gallery (old or/and new) - a comprehensive encyclopedia of Russian figurative art of XI-XX centuries;
8) Space Museum and Memorial - one of the world's best space museums with a breathtaking titanium-rendered Obelisk;
9) Diamond Fund Exhibition - a priceless collection of Russian royal and soviet jewelry with loads of diamonds and gold nuggets;
10) Gorky's House - Moscow's best piece of Art Nouveau with gorgeous decorations and amazing interiors;
11) Federation Tower - enjoy fabulous views from Europe's tallest skyscraper;
12) River Cruise on Radisson boats - magnificent views and dining all year round!
13) Bolshoi Theatre - the opulent historical building and magnificent operas and ballets;
14) Abramtsevo Estate - an original XIX c. out-of-town residence and an arts & crafts museum;
15) Leo Tolstoy's house - the original wooden house with lots of the writer's memorabilia;
16) Kalashnikov - shooting with the legendary firearm;
17) Tank Museum in Kubinka - one of the world's best tank museums with dozens of original warfare items from various periods and countries;
18) Air Force Museum in Monino - comprehensive history of Russian aviation with lots of unique historic pieces;
19) Your idea - nothing is impossible!
With Russian being my native language, I fluently speak English, French and Italian. I have a degree in linguistics and a diploma of professional tour guide. Since 2001 I've done thousands of private tours of all kinds for clients from USA, Canada, France, Great Britain, Italy, Switzerland, Columbia, Mexico, Brazil, Hong Kong, Singapour, India, Australia, New Zealand and many other countries of the world. I'd be delighted to offer my services to you. Welcome to Moscow!
A Recent Review of this guide
Anatoly was a fantastic tour guide. He provided a private tour for me, my son, and my two nephews. He was extremely friendly, knowledgeable, and provided us with a great tour. If in Moscow, definitely seek him out. He speaks English fluently and was great at getting us to the front of the line. The Kremlin was especially crowded on the day we visited however he gently got us to the front of the line and into the Kremlin within minutes. Looking forward to our next tour with him!
I have a degree in linguistics and fluently speak English, French and Italian. I have been a professional tour guide licensed by Moscow Government to guide tours in all major museums since 2008.