I love history and arts, like playing tennis and chess, swimming, ice-skating and skiing. I enjoy walks and bird-watching with my son in Moscow's numerous parks. Travelling has always been big in my life.
Russian is my native language, I fluently speak English, French and Italian, and now learning Spanish. I have a degree in linguistics and a diploma of professional tour guide. Since 2008 I've done hundreds of private tours of all kinds for travelers from the USA, Canada, France, Great Britain, Italy, Switzerland, Columbia, Mexico, Brazil, Hong Kong, Singapour, India, Australia, New Zealand and many other countries of the world.
In my list of tours you may find must-do classical itineraries and some more local, less touristy tracks.
Here are also some suggestions for cultural and entertaining visits in Moscow and around which may be included in day tours or done as separate programs:
1) Kolomenskoye - summer residence of Russian Grand Princes and Tsars from the XV c. with UNESCO listed Church of Ascension;
2) Kuskovo - Moscow's little Versaille with a unique XVIII c. wooden classical palace;
3) Muzeon - "Fallen Idols" park with a colossal statue of Peter I in the middle of Moscow river;
4) Victory Park and Memorial - Moscow's main war memorial and museum dedicated mainly to WWII with the city's highest 142-m obelisk;
5) Novodevichy Convent (UNESCO listed) - Moscow's best preserved historical sight with a huge cultural heritage;
6) VDNKh - a reserve of Stalin's imperial architecture with 2 gorgeous Moscow's biggest fountains;
7) Tretyakov Gallery (old or/and new) - a comprehensive encyclopedia of Russian figurative art of XI-XX centuries;
8) Space Museum and Memorial - one of the world's best space museums with a breathtaking titanium-rendered Obelisk;
9) Diamond Fund Exhibition - a priceless collection of Russian royal and soviet jewelry with loads of diamonds and gold nuggets;
10) Gorky's House - Moscow's best piece of Art Nouveau with gorgeous decorations and amazing interiors;
11) Federation Tower - enjoy fabulous views from Europe's tallest skyscraper;
12) River Cruise on Radisson boats - magnificent views and dining all year round!
13) Bolshoi Theatre - the opulent historical building and magnificent operas and ballets;
14) Abramtsevo Estate - an original XIX c. out-of-town residence and an arts & crafts museum;
15) Leo Tolstoy's house - the original wooden house with lots of the writer's memorabilia;
16) Kalashnikov - shooting with the legendary firearm;
17) Tank Museum in Kubinka - one of the world's best tank museums with dozens of original warfare items from various periods and countries;
18) Air Force Museum in Monino - comprehensive history of Russian aviation with lots of unique historic aircraft;
19) Your idea - nothing is impossible!
Enjoy Moscow, it's Magic!
A Recent Review of this guide
Anatoly was a fantastic tour guide. He provided a private tour for me, my son, and my two nephews. He was extremely friendly, knowledgeable, and provided us with a great tour. If in Moscow, definitely seek him out. He speaks English fluently and was great at getting us to the front of the line. The Kremlin was especially crowded on the day we visited however he gently got us to the front of the line and into the Kremlin within minutes. Looking forward to our next tour with him!
Tour guide license by Moscow City Government since 2008;
License to provide guided tours in major museums:
The Kremlin of Moscow;
The Armoury Chamber;
State History Museum;
Pushkin Museum of Fine Arts;
Driver's license since 1998. I have a 7-seat all-road Land Rover Discovery car, that we may use for some of our tours.