Nature and Wildlife, Hiking and Walking, Adventure / Active
Kid Friendly: Yes. Your children are very welcome if they can walk about 10 kilometers and don't mind going inside a cave. If you would like to carry your baby please, let me know and we adjust the tour for you.
Maximum travelers: 10
Enjoy Budapest the way the locals do
Would you like to discover the world beneath the capital?
How about a trip on our unique Children's railway where all the staff are children apart from the train driver?
Do you love fresh air and beautiful natural scenery and don't mind climbing a short while to see it?
If the answer is yes, you'll love this tour.
- We go up to Normafa, the Winter sledge hill of the capital (to make it quicker we take a taxi)
- Walk up to John's hill to see the gorgeous view from the beautiful Romanesque style Elisabeth lookout tower our Queen Sissy's favourite place in Buda.
- Then, we take the Children's railway to Hűvösvölgy station
- A pleasant walk to Goat -Hill, The Lion's Rock or to the Árpád lookout tower. On the walk, we will talk about Queen Elisabeth, the history of Buda Hills, the former vineyards, the Nineteen Seventies, when and why the children's railway was built and many other interesting topics.
- We visit one of the beautiful stalactite Caves of the capital, called Pálvölgyi and Szemlőhegyi barlang.
- We return to the city by taxi.
If you don't fancy a visit to the caves, there are alternate options.
* Please, note that we will walk about 6. 2 miles /10 km, and sometimes we need to climb steep areas, so please make sure you wear appropriate footwear and layered clothing.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Your hotel, cruise ship port or any address if inside the city.
End location: Your hotel, inner city
Duration: 5 hours
It may vary depending on the time of the year, the weather conditions, your personal wishes.
This is a walking tour but we will need to take a taxi to get to the site.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
12000 HUF - - The cost for the taxi depends on the number of people. For example to share a taxi ride from the city centre to the green area and back, will cost about 8000 HUF.
- Entrance fee to the cave/person 1400 HUF
- Ticket for children's railway /person 600 HUF
- Personal expenses such as a snack or a drink
** Please, contact me to have a more precise estimated local cash needed based on the number of people.