A full day exploring the city
This tour includes all the must-see places!
You will have the opportunity to explore the sights of Budapest with me and get to hear insider information about everything.
Plenty of time to take photos, and get lost a little bit in the less touristy places. . . To bring your camera is a must, as we will visit unforgettable panoramic spots during the day.
***This tour is conducted by Private transportation in a first class minivan. You do not have to share the tour with anyone else, it's all private and tailor made to your needs***
We will visit all the UNESCO Heritage sites in the city:
-The Andrassy Avenue with the Opera house,
- the Castle District (Fishermans Bastion, Matthias Church, Palace)
- the Heroes Square with the famous monuments.
- We can take a short walk in the City Park and drop by the world-famous Szechenyi Bath.
- We will get lost a bit in the romantic neighbourhood of the Saint Stephen's Cathedral and see some outstanding Art-nouveau buildings, a little bit off the beaten track.
- Citadel with amazing view over the whole city
- We can have a short coffe or lunch break in one of the famous historical coffee houses (Cafe New York/ Alexandra Book Cafe), or even the Central Market Hall (best market of Europe!!)
If you wish, we can also visit the Jewish district and the Great Synagogue, which is the second biggest one in Europe. Not to mention the famous, bohemian, quirky Ruin Bars in the area - fun places for real travellers!
The tour is fully customizable so don't hesitate to contact me with any special requests
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: hotel/boat lobby
I can also arrange airport pickup or drop off at a small extra cost, in this case please contact me first for a tailor made proposal
End location: hotel or anywhere you wish
Duration: 8 hours
The length of the tour is usually 7-8 hours, depending on many factors: how capable walkers there are on the tour, what the weather is like on the tour day, how many photos you take, etc..
Air conditioned comfortable minivan with professional driver, plenty of leg space, free mineral water
- my guiding service in English
- first class, A/C minivan (usually Mercedes) with professional driver
- free mineral water in car
- a strudel at the Central Market Hall if we visit
Estimated Local Cash Needed
10000 huf - roughly 40 usd - Entrance fees to Matthias Church and Fishermans Bastion (~ 7 USD), lunch at a local restaurant
- entrance tickets
- Four groups bigger than 6 please ask for a customized offer!
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Melinda was an excellent guide for a full day Budapest tour. Her overview of Hungary's history was crystal clear and helped us put what she showed us for the rest of the day into context. Melinda was personable, sensitive to our interests and highly informative. Thank you!