The beauty of the last muslim kingdom in Spain
I've planned this tour to let you discover the most visited monument of Spain. Probably, the most important architectural structures of the Middle Ages and the finest example of Islamic art left to us in the western world. Its reddish walls (in Arabic, («qa'lat al-Hamra'» means Red Castle), the speaking walls covered with beautiful and extremely rich ceramics and plasterwork.
You will discover why I said that The Alhambra is Granada's - and Europe's - love letter to Moorish culture.
This is a day trip from Seville to visit not only Alhambra but also the Albayzín, the old Moorish city Granada and experience the lifestyle of Granada, where I lived for one year while I was a student. It is the best city in Spain to taste the tapas.
Please, note that the tickets sell out quickly so to avoid disappointment, book ahead, either online or by phone.
As we will go until Granada from Seville, we will enjoy the ANDALUSIAN countryside and we will learn about the geography of my homeland.
- We will depart from our meeting point in Seville
- Break time of 20 minutes in Archidona
- Arrival in Granada (travel time 3 hours)
- Visit the Alhambra (about 2 h 30')
- We will find a spot for lunch according to your needs. The suggestions are Granada's tapas or Arabic food.
Visit the Albayzín neighborhood (around 2 hours). Please, note that this quarter is on the hill so we are going to climb the streets.
Visit the Royal Chapel and Cathedral (around 2 hours )
- Travel back to Seville (travel time 2h 45'). The timing is approximate.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will meet you at your hotel, cruise terminal or any other convenient location in Seville.
* There are certain areas forbidden to pick up people by car. Please inquire me for details.
End location: Back to your hotel, cruise terminal or any other convenient location in Seville.
Duration: 12 hours
8 seater Peugeot Expert Combi
Aircon, heating, radio, comfortable spacious brand new vehicle, microphone incorpated for the guide.
- Private van 8 seats (fuel, parking, insurance)
- My Services as your Tour guide during the whole full day tour.
- Alhambra Tickets
- Bottle of water.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 euros - - Cathedral and the Royal chapel tickets if you want to visit (optional).
- For tapas
- Taxi from Alhambra to the city center and back if you want to take it (it costs less than 10 euros).
- Tapas, drinks and any other personal purchase.
- Taxi expenses from Alhambra to the city center and back if you don't want to walk (20 minutes on foot and in an incline downslope)
- Cathedral ticket (9 euros per person) and Royal Chapel ticket (7 euros per person). Both are optional.
Required for booking: I will need the name, age, nationality, passport number.