Discover the old town on foot!
Girona is one of the prettiest towns in Catalonia. It is half way between Costa Brava and the Pyrenees, located just 100 km/ 62 miles north of Barcelona. Girona keeps an extremely well preserved old town with plenty of medieval buildings and an outstanding medieval Jewish quarter. Small alleys, cobblestone streets, houses and palaces, ancient churches and monasteries, this town is an authentic gem.
There are two reasons why this tour is on foot; firstly the best way to explore such a small town is walking, and secondly only residents are allowed to drive in this part of town anyway! So just get some comfortable shoes, a hat if it's summer or a warm coat if it's winter, and get ready to stroll along a beautiful town.
We will get to impressive spots like the Catedral square, up the medieval city walls and the medieval Jewish quarter.
- This 3-hour-tour starts in a meeting point somewhere in Girona set by the Client
- We will head to the old town where we will start our walking tour along the charming narrow streets Learning about the history of Girona but also how it is life now here
- You will see the old town is far from being an open-air museum, it is always busy with locals who work and live in this part of town
- We will cross Onyar river to get to the central boulevard La Rambla
- Walk through the former artisan's quarter and the former Jewish quarter
- We will get to see the towering Cathedral
- Go on top of the medieval city walls, and meet the most famous local characters, The lioness and St. Narcis.
- The tour can end in the same place it started or elsewhere it suits you.
*If you have a specific itinerary in mind send me a message and I'll customize the tour for you.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building, Suggested by Guide: Street Berenguer Carnicer 3, Girona. Tourist information office "Punt de Benvinguda".
Duration: 3 hours
The tour typically last 2-3 hours. It can be cut short if needed.
This is a walking tour.
Please contact me if you need private transportation arranged from your departing point (Barcelona, port of Palamós, etcetera) to the old town.
- Guiding Services
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 EUR - Personal Expenses
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
I am not a driver. I can accompany you in your vehicle or I can arrange for a separate car and driver.