Taste Georgian wine, Visit Wineries and Unique Qvevri Wine Museum
Georgia is one of the oldest wine regions in the world. The fertile valleys and protective slopes of the Transcaucasia were home to grapevine cultivation and neolithic wine production for at least 8000 years.
Among the best-known, Georgian wine region is Kakheti (further divided into the micro-regions of Telavi and Kvareli) That's why we will visit different sides of Kakheti to feel the taste of Georgian wine.
UNESCO added the ancient traditional Georgian winemaking method using the Kvevri clay jars to the UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage Lists.
Our Tour includes The first and unique Wine museum as well, we will see Kvevri and Winemaking process in the Musem.
We will start the tour in the morning.
- Taste Georgian cheese and see how people bake Georgian bread "Shoti"
- Signage city (city of love, beautiful view of Alazani valley and the great range of Caucasus mountain).
- Wine tasting in Signage.
- Transfer to Kvareli city and visit Khareba wine tunnel ( 7. 7 km Tunnel in Caucasus mountain)
- Wine tasting in Khareba tunnel.
-Transfer to Nafareuli village and visit The first and unique Wine Museum and see how Georgian people make Qvevries and Wine.
-Wine and Chacha tasting in Wine museum.
-Transfer back to Tbilisi through the beautiful Forest - Gombori pass.
P. S. About lunch time we will agree on the way, Depending on hunger. :)
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will meet you at your hotel or at any other address in Tbilisi.
End location: I will leave you at your hotel or at any other address in Tbilisi.
Duration: 10 hours 30 min.
Traffic/Weather - +/- 1 hour
We will use following cars:
- Jeep Liberty 2012 - (spec trail rated version) In case of snow or mud.
- Transportation by Jeep Liberty/Cherokee 2012.
- Wine tasting at Signagi city (3 glass of Georgian wine)
- Wine tasting at Khareba winery ( 2 glass of Georgian wine)
- Wine tasting at Twins wine museum ( 3 glass of Wine)
- Chacha tasting at Twins wine museum ( glass of Chacha)
Estimated Local Cash Needed
100 GEL - For Lunch and a Bottle of Wine (as a souvenir) per person
- personal purchases.
- I can add other wineries in case of your interest, It can be discussed.