The most international of the Swiss cities welcomes you with great panache
In one of the smallest Swiss cantons (state), you will discover the second largest city of Switzerland, born at one of the main ancient passages across the Rhône river.
Its history goes a long way and brought this city to become an international center with the arrival in 1920 of the League of nations.
Located at the end of Lake Léman (currently named in English Lake of Geneva), the city used to be an important commercial town, where the Swiss watch industry started.
The right shore of Geneva shows many beautiful hotels, among which the hotel where Sissi the Empress of Austria used to stay.
Crossing to the left shore, and if the weather is kind to you, you may admire the Mont Blanc mountain range, the very famous Water Fountain, which is a landmark of the city and the Flower Clock enhancing the beautiful English Park along the lake.
The Old Town on the left shore is to be discovered walking through the very famous shopping streets of Geneva up towards the 13th century St-Peter cathedral.
- The railway station is minutes away from the famous Mont-Blanc bridge connecting the left and right shore.
- We'll cross the bridge to get to the Old Town of Geneva and visit the cathedral and the Town Hall, as well as the famous Armoury.
- We'll proceed through the Bastion Park, where one of the most famous monuments of Geneva is located: the Wall of Reformation.
- Walking back towards the shopping area, enjoy a moment at the lake and if wished.
- Lunch if and when required. Return by train.
- If required, an option with a car can be arranged, which allows seeing the international center of Geneva (Nation Square, European Seat of the United Nations - no visit inside if not booked - and Red Cross Museum).
- Visits to Museums (Red Cross, Patek Philipp) are optional and not included timewise - no entrance fee included either.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will meet you in Lausanne, at your hotel or any convenient location.
End location: The tour finishes on our return in Lausanne. Should you wish to stay longer in Geneva, it's totally possible. Note that the indicated duration of 4 hours do include the journeys to/from Geneva.
Duration: 4 hours 30 min.
The duration include the journey to/from Geneva
Swiss railway 1st or 2nd class. Swiss railway are very reliable and safe.
Private car if requested (Limousine Mercedes S or Mini-Car Mercedes 16-seater) - price extra, please contact me for a customized tour including corresponding price offer.
- 4h30m Private Tour of Geneva (journey from/to Lausanne included)
Estimated Local Cash Needed
40 CHF - Lunch and/or drinks if required. P. person.
- Lunch - drinks.
- Return ticket Lausanne-Geneva (1st class CHF 80.80 p.p. + upgrade for the guide CHF 46.-/2nd class CHF 46.-/p.p.)
- Private transportation with Limousine Mercedes S or
Mini-Car Mercedes 16 seats possible upon request.
I am not licensed (so not allowed) to guide you inside historical monuments or museum.
I do not have a professional license to drive clients in my own car - but I can arrange for a separate car or driver - or accompany you in your own vehicle.