A delectable way to experience the history and fun of German chocolate.
This tasty half day tour is a grand way to learn all there is to know about German chocolate. The tour begins with a short historical walk through Partenkirchen discussing the rich history and culture of Bavaria. Then we make our way to the local chocolatier where you will be given the keys to the kitchen. The master chocolatier will guide you in the history and art of chocolate while you create several types of chocolate yourself; giving you plenty of souvenirs and instant tastings. There is no better way to enjoy the flavor of Germany.
- the tour begins at the Garmisch-Partenkirchen train station at 3:00 p. m. where we will meet just inside the waiting area next to the small coffee shop.
- After a leisurely walk into Partenkirchen we will begin discussing the history and beauty of Bavaria
- We then will make our way to our local chocolatier who will give us a one hour course in the history and art of chocolate while you will be allowed to create your own chocolate
- The tour will then conclude with a return to the Garmisch-Partenkirchen train station around 6:00 p. m.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Garmisch-Partenkirchen train station just inside the waiting area next to the coffee shop.
End location: Garmisch-Partenkirchen train station
Duration: 4 hours
- walking tour of Partenkirchen
- historical and practical lessons in German chocolate
- opportunity to make two different types of chocolate
- small chocolate souvenirs
Estimated Local Cash Needed
12 euro - extra chocolate purchases when wanted
There is no need for extra purchases on this tour.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
A very good tour that was both informative and interesting with a personable guide. After our tour had ended, Jake informed us that there was a barrel tapping at a look brewery in a nearby town that he was taking some people to and was also involved in and invited us to join along, which he did not half to but was an appreciated gesture.