Tour the North from your local TIBERIAS area hotel!
Tour IN YOUR CAR with a local guide to show you the many attractions of the Galilee.
The Sea of Galilee is the lowest freshwater sea on earth (-210 meters) with a circumference of 58 kilometers at the water's edge and a depth of under 50 meters.
This wonderful area offers a full itinerary for all, whether the interest is in Nature, Hiking, Water Management, Christianity or the Jewish Religion. . . . . not forgetting the geology and tectonic activity caused by the African Rift Valley encompassing volcanoes, ancient inland seas and more, all to be found at the meeting place of the 3 continents.
We can design between us a custom itinerary for each tour.
Some suggested itineraries to choose from for customized tours for each traveler.
Nature itinerary: walk . . . .
- the Valley of the Pillar - left after millennia of erosion.
- a part of the Sea of Galilee trail and visit the "mighty thundering" Jordan River.
- the trail on the cliff edge of the southern Golan Heights.
- along the Jordan River after it leaves the Sea of Galilee.
Christian Galilee Tour:
- churches: Capernaum, Mt Beatitudes, Tabgha, Kursi
- visit the baptism site and/or get Baptised yourself.
- eat at a St Peter's Fish restaurant or taste local Falafel/Shwarma/Humus.
- Take a boat ride on the Sea of Galilee.
- walk part of the Jesus Trail.
Jewish Galilee Tour:
- tour the Artist Quarter and Synagogues of old Tzfat/Safed.
- visit the oldest new town(from 1882) of the Galilee - "Rosh Pina".
- Visit Miamonades Grave in Tiberias.
- View the excavations of the "Roman" city from the year 20 and named "Tiberias".
- Hear the legends about "Miriam's Spring" bubbling from within the Kinneret.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Hotel, Address or Intersection
Duration: 9 hours
all year tour
this is a SELF DRIVE OPTION.
FOR GUIDE-DRIVER TOUR in comfortable vehicle, THE PRICE IS $790.
- Guiding Services
Estimated Local Cash Needed
120 Shekels - Meals and entrance fees where needed: per person
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
The tour with him was 11 out of 10! He was very knowledgable, kind and willing to go out of his way to accommodate our travelling needs. He gets so excited over the history and brings it to life for us. We also have small children and thet absolutely loved him! We really enjoyed travelling with him. He made it very special!