Explore one of the most beautiful cities in Bulgaria, cultural capital of Europe for 2019
Leave Sofia and travel the 150-km motorway road through the countryside to the South-East of Bulgaria. 2 h drive each way.
Discover the monuments of history which are beneath the main streets, visit Roman Theater 10-15 min. and Roman Stadium 10 min. , explore the cobbled streets of the Old Town and feel the atmosphere of this ancient and eternal place - 2h.
- Departure from Sofia South-East direction and hitting the motorway to Plovdiv
- Travel through picturesque landscapes while your guide explains about Bulgaria's agriculture, wildlife and way of living
- Stop near the old town and start walking tour by climbing the hill and enjoying the view from the top
- Walk inside the Old Town by passing the Eastern Gate of the Fort from Roman times
- Have a quick look inside the beautiful garden of Ethnographic Museum
- St. Constantine and Elena Church
- King's Stables
- The Dervish Monastery and the house of Lamarten
- Roman Theater
- Roman Stadium
- Pedestrian Area
- Roman Odeon
- Departure to Bachkovo Monastery
- Visit of the Monastery and departure to Sofia
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Hotel
Duration: 8 hours
Depends on traffic and weather conditions in the winter time.
private 4 seat air-conditioned vehicle
private 7 seat air-conditioned vehicle
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
Estimated Local Cash Needed
70 BGN - Entry tickets
Optional lunch, drinks and souvenirs
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
-I am not a Mountain Guide.
-My van can fit up to 7 people, but for greater comfort, please inquire for a bigger one.
-I am permitted to guide only in English, Russian and Bulgarian.