Come discover the flavours of this city around the area where I live!
I created this tour out of the my love for two things: my neighboorhood and food! Putting together both, the outcome is an off the beaten track tour, through two different districts of Lisbon: one is the one where I live, Bairro das Colónias, a beautiful art déco neighboorhood built in the 1940's, and the other is Graça, a former working class district developed in the beginning of the 20th century. During this tour we will taste local sweets, cured hams and cheeses, seafood, canned fish, fusion food to learn about the influence of the former colonies in the Portuguese cuisine, all combined with different wines along the way, and still leaving room for local craft beer, ending with our espresso coffee and dessert! Quantities are abundant and along the way we will see breathtaking views, street art, beautiful tiled façades and learn a lot about Portuguese food culture and habits!
1. Meeting point - Anjos metro station
2. We'll get to know the neighboorhood where I live - Colónias neighboorhood (for the first 2 listed tastings on the "What's Included section"), with its beautiful art déco architecture from the 1940's and local spots to hang out
3. Then we'll take a public bus up the hill to reach Graça neighboorhood, where we will walk and discover beautiful tiled façades, street art, breathtaking views and our next 4 food stops. We will end the tour at Graça square, from where you can take a taxi or local bus to the city center.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Anjos metro station (green line), by the Banco de Portugal (intersection of Rua Febo Moniz with Avenida Almirantye Reis). I will have my Tours By Locals lanyard on me, my guide ID and you can recognise me from the picture on my profile.
End location: The tour will end at Largo da Graça, where you can take a taxi to your hotel. There are also buses and trams available in the neighboorhood.
Duration: 4 hours 30 min.
During the tour we will walk, both in flat ground and up. For the longer distance to be covered, we will take a local bus (the ticket is included in the tour cost).
- 1 ticket for public transportation we will use during the tour
Included tastings per person:
- 1 Azeitão cake + 1 Moscatel wine
- 1 glass of rosé wine + samples of canned trout, mussels and mackerel, bread, sardine paté
- 1 glass of local craft beer + Chilicote beignets + Muxama salad + Minchi
- 1 glass of green wine + clams Bulhão Pato style + shrimp açorda + prawn rice
- 1 glass of red wine + cheeses + smoked meats
- 1 espresso coffee + 1 dessert miniature cake
Estimated Local Cash Needed
5 Euro - The only cost expected during the tour is your transportation to get to the meeting location (taxi or metro) and to leave the ending location.
Your transportation to the meeting point and your transportation back to your hotel at the end of the tour.