Walk, see, eat & drink
This tour intends to guide you through Budapest from the "must-see" sights through less visited places to some real gems that only locals know. During the walk you will be introduced into Budapest's past and present in detail, and you will understand why it has become such an ethnically and culturally diverse place. While we discover Budapest's rich architecture and vast historical heritage together, we will be mingling with locals in the streets, cafés, wine bars and at the food market, too - the best way to feel the incomparable hospitality and atmosphere of the Hungarian capital.
- Walk on the Castle Hill (cobblestoned streets, 15th-century Mathias Church, Fishermen's Bastion Viewing Terraces, former Royal Palace, outside only)
- Travel on the 160-year-old Castle Hill Funicular to the No. 1 symbol of the city: the Chain Bridge
- Walk on the Danube Promenade (introduction to top sights, i. e. Elisabeth Bridge, Statue of Liberty, Old Pest Concert Hall, Gresham Palace, Academy of Science, etc. )
- Inside visit to St Stephen's Cathedral
- Travel on the 121-year-old subway (World Heritage)
- World Heritage Andrássy Avenue (19th century noble homes, State Opera House, Art Nouveau interiors, fancy shops)
- Heroes Square and City Park walkaround
- Lunch break in a 19th century café
- Walk to the Jewish Quarter (WWII ghetto area, Grand Synagogue, Orthodox Synagogue and minor ones, ruin pubs, homes of the upper middle class)
- Travel to the Covered Food Market (World Heritage) - walkaround, tasting, shopping with locals
- End of the day in a renowned wine bar with local wine tasting
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: We start this tour in your hotel/cruise ship port/any other address upon your request.
End location: We will end this tour in downtown Budapest. I will help and explain how to get back to your hotel/cruiseship or any other centrally located address you request.
Duration: 7 hours
This is walking tour. Public transportation is also used during the tour to cover longer distances faster.
1) My services as your Private Tour Guide
2) Entrances to Mathias Church
3) Entrances to Fishermen's Bastion Viewing Terraces
4) Castle Hill Funicular tickets
5) Day tickets (24-h validity on all means of public transportation incl. bus, tram, subway)
6) Lunch including main course, sweets & drinks in a historical café
7) Wine tasting in a renowned wine bar
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20000 Hungarian forints - For the purchase of items of a personal nature, souvenirs, etc., and for items that are incidental to the tour, according to clients' requirements (extra entrances, etc). Please note that credit cards, euros and US dollars are accepted for payment at several places, too.
You are responsible for the purchase of items of a personal nature, souvenirs, or items that are incidental to the tour (e.g. extra entrances according to clients' requirements). Costs of food tasting/purchase at the local food market must be covered by the clients, too.
My tours are either light/moderate walking tours or very comfortable tours by private car/minivan. In the latter case, since I am not a driver, clean & comfortable A/C-d private cars/minivans with driver are organized for the tour.