A food private tour to admire Palladio's art while tasting traditional food and local wine
Enjoy a typical day like the "vicentini" do! We'll walk in the city center switching between a good Italian coffee with a homemade cake and the beautiful Venetian palaces of Vicenza; between a taste of bacalà (our traditional food made with dried stockfish and olive oil) and the Basilica of Palladio; between a lunch prepared in one of the most ancient "ostaria" (Bistrot) and the visit of the Olympic Theatre of Palladio.
Spend half a day in Vicenza like a real vicentino, eating in our everyday Bistrot being surrounded by the Palladian art!
We'll start from Piazza delle Erbe, a secondary square behind the Basilica of Palladio. We'll walk on the ancient Roman paths of Vicenza to get to the old river port area, full of gothic Venetian palaces. On demand, we can then visit the Teatro Olimpico, Palladio's masterpiece. We'll sightsee the small charming streets of Vicenza to get finally in the main square, Piazza dei Signori.
Between a monument and the following, we'll do greedy stop-overs to taste delicacies and traditional food from the area.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Railway station or any spot in the city old center. I can come and pick you up at your hotel if located in the city center.
End location: Railway station or any spot in the city old center.
Duration: 3 hours
A half-day itinerary to taste the best of Vicenza's art and food.
The tour lasts more or less 3 hours with lunch/dinner time.
3-4 stops in neighborhood eateries:
1) a pasticceria (pastry shop) with coffee or cappuccino or tea and a slice of homemade cake
2) a typical snack called cicchetto (similar to tapas) with a glass of Venetian wine
3) an aperitive made with spritz
4) A main meal (lunch or dinner) with: a main course (bigoli, a special kind of homemade spaghetti with duck or meat sauce), water and wine, homemade traditional dessert.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
30 EUR - Entrance fees to museums if requested
1. Any connection from your hotel to Vicenza's city center can be arranged on demand. Please contact me to agree any extra transportation if necessary.
2. Access fee to the rooftop of the Basilica when open (4€)
3. Entrance ticket at Teatro Olimpico € 10 (adult).
I'm not a professional driver: I can accompany you in your vehicle or I can arrange for a separate car and driver.