The landmarks of Florence during a pleasant stroll- Private Tour
This tour is a perfect introduction to the city for new comers as well as travelers back to Florence. It covers the must see places but also some hidden gems that only locals know about such as artisan workshops or the best places for a gelato.
The tour is not a history conference, but a pleasant stroll through the city centre, enjoying it in slow motion and learning a lot about Florence, but especially those things that you are most interested in.
The tour is about Florence, of course, but it's also about you and what do you expect from a guided tour, this is why I will try to understand your preferences and I will do my best to offer you an unforgettable day.
In only 3 hours you will learn and discover so many things about Florence that would take you days of research on your own.
* In case you are also interested in visiting a church such as Santa Croce Church or Santa Maria Novella, the Uffizi Gallery or Michelangelo's David at the Accademia, we can add it at the end of the tour.
- Piazza del Duomo is the religious centre of the city. We will discover here one of the oldest architectonical monuments, the Baptistery, the Cathedral Santa Maria del Fiore and Giotto's Bell-Tower.
- Piazza della Repubblica, the square is famous for its historic caffès and pastry shops.
Our next stop will be Orsanmichele, a special church in Florence with a fascinating history.
- We will walk towards the former straw market that the Florentines call "Mercato del Porcellino" because of the bronze statue of a wild boar with a shining nose.
Ponte Vecchio, the oldest bridge in Florence.
- We will also admire the Uffizi building, right next to Piazza della Signoria, an open air museum unique in Tuscany and even in Italy with its magnificent statues.
After a short walk along a colorful medieval street, we will find Piazza Santa Croce and the Basilica of Santa Croce.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: At your hotel in Florence if located in the city centre or in Piazza del Duomo in front of Giotto's Bell Tower.
End location: Piazza Santa Croce
Duration: 3 hours
The best way to discover Florence is by foot.
Private walking tour, visit to the most important tourist sights.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
30 Euro - Personal expenses - Lunch, gelato, coffee etc...
There are no extra fees during the itinerary. However, you will need some cash in case you decide to visit a church or a museum during the tour.
Since I do not have a commercial driver's license, I cannot drive during tours. I can accompany you in your vehicle or I can arrange for a separate car and driver.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Eliza was a wonderful guide, and we thoroughly enjoyed our tour. Our goal was to see the main sights, while learning some local culture - and we hoped for some things that were not in a Rick S video. Eliza was spot on in meeting our goals. She was very responsive to any requests that we had, and we very much appreciate her knowledge of Florence. She also - as an extra bonus - pointed out her favorite restaurants and gelato places, which we appreciated. At the end of the tour, she set us up for lunch