Step back in time and experience traditional Chinese life
FengJing Ancient town is a typical water town in the Shanghai area. It is one of the best-preserved ancient water towns in Shanghai. A network of water ways covers the whole ancient town. There are 52 bridges in FengJIng, with the oldest Zhihe Bridge, having a history of more than 700 years.
From origin, Fengjing is an agricultural town, but in recent years a lot of painters choose to live and work here. There are some temples and old residences and most buildings are from the Ming and Qing era and are well maintained. There are lots of food choices with traditional foods to try. It gives you the opportunity to get a good insight in historical Chinese life.
FengJing has a very nice and relaxed atmosphere - so different from the hectic life in a city like Shanghai. It looks like time has stopped in FengJing. Daily activities and tasks are done "the old way" and there is no need to rush.
This is my standard Shore Excursion Tour, but if you like I can customize it to your wishes.
From the pick up point it will be one hour drive away from the hustle and bustle of Shanghai and bring you to the quietness of the more than 1500 years old Ancient Town of FengJing.
- Your trip in FengJing starts with old Memorial Archway which was the divide of Jiangsu and Zhejiang Province in the old days. We will wander to the Yuan-dynasty Zhihe Bridge, the oldest bridge of the town.
Than we will move forward to the exquisite Sanbai Garden to hear legendary stories about the owner Chen Shunyu.
- The next stop will be Lv Jiren Gallery with twelve paintings vividly showed the folk life of Fengjing, than go to pay a visit to the Exhibition Hall of Peasant Painting. Here you can see lots of different artworks.
- Then we stroll along the old North Street and appreciate beautiful handcrafts made by the locals, to finish our tour by visiting Shiwang to experience some Taoism.
We will have a traditional Chinese lunch in one of the many restaurants that are in Fengjing.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will pick you up from Cruise Passenger Terminal or from your hotel if you stay in Shanghai.
End location: I will bring you back to the Cruise Passenger Terminal or to your hotel in Shanghai.
Duration: 5 hours
This is a half day tour that will last 4 to 5 hours.
This will be a luxury tour. We will travel with an air conditioned luxury car with 5 seats.
In Fengjing we will get around walking.
- My private tour and interpreter service.
- Cost of transportation with private luxury car with A/C
Estimated Local Cash Needed
320 Yuan - You will need local cash for lunch, entrance fees and personal purchases.
320 Yuan = roughly $50 USD
- Cost of lunch and drinks,
- Entry fees
- Cost of personal purchases
I am not a driver. I can accompany you in your vehicle or I can arrange for a separate car and driver.