Discover the natural beauty, the heritage, and the wines of Alsace during an exclusive full-day tour on the Alsace Wine Route!
This private tour will allow you to visit some of the most beautiful towns on the Alsace Wine Route, Colmar and Eguisheim, together with a passionate guide. You will marvel at the beauty and diversity of the landscape of the Alsace Wine Route!
You will also visit the famous Haut-Koenigsbourg castle, one of the symbols of the Alsatian heritage and a witness to the course of European history.
You will visit a reputable winery and taste the wines which have made the reputation of the Alsace vineyard. The combination of a rich soil and generations of winemaking skills have made Alsace one of the world's premier wine regions. With 51 Grand Crus and seven types of grapes (Riesling, Gewurztraminer, Pinot Gris, Pinot Blanc, Pinot Noir, Sylvaner, Muscat), Alsatian wines are acclaimed the world over.
- Pick-up from your hotel in Strasbourg (or elsewhere).
- Free visit of the Haut-Koenigsbourg castle. An optional private guided tour (to be booked in advance) will allow you to become more familiar with the castle architecture, the Middle-Ages and the early 20th century restoration.
- Lunch at a typical and authentic restaurant on the Wine Route.
- Visit of Colmar, the Alsatian wine capital, where strolling is so enjoyable. You will discover the Little Venice area, and its historical and architectural heritage. - If you wish so, you will also have the opportunity to visit the Unterlinden Museum located in a former Dominican convent which hosts one of the most famous European art masterpieces from the Middle Ages, the Isenheim Altarpiece dating from 1512-1516.
- Visit of Eguisheim, ranked among the 'Most Beautiful Villages of France', and winetasting at a reputed winery.
*Please note that the content of the tour may be subject to modifications based on time constraints or to match your wishes.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 8 hours
Comfortable Minivan - Citroën Space Tourer 2018 - air-conditioned - max. 7 passengers.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
30 EUR - Estimated lunch cost per person (may vary between EUR 20 and 40).
I am a registered driver guide but am not licensed to guide inside of the historical monuments due to local regulations.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Benoit was an excellent guide. He was extremely knowledgeable about the area and had a genuine love for the places he took us too. It was like walking with a talking encyclopedia or better yet like a live google person. We enjoyed our tour down the Alsace wine road or is it up the Alsace wine road. We also went to Colmar and another medieval town. He point out details in the building and on the side walks. He recommended great restaurants for us to try out in Strasbourg. Great day