Half-day walking and sightseeing Bucharest tour with a private guide
This specially designed half-day tour is a combined sightseeing and walking tour of Bucharest highlights. The tour covers the emblematic arteries and squares and all the important sights, giving a good overview of the city of Bucharest.
The tour is mostly walking, as I think this is the best way to experience a city, visit attractions up-close and take in the atmosphere, while giving me time and opportunities to provide all information and details. We will also conveniently use the car to get to more distant places of interest.
Please remember that the tour is totally flexible and can be adapted to your specific interest or physical condition.
We use for the tour my good 2017 Volkswagen Golf that can accommodate up to 4 passengers. In case you are more than 4 people and need a larger vehicle I can arrange for a minivan.
What to expect - the main highlights
- Start the tour in the Palace Square, surrounded by highly evocative edifices and monuments, where you get a general overview of the local history and culture. See the iconic Romanian Athenaeum, a national cultural symbol.
- Continue with the Revolution Square, the starting place of the anticommunist revolution where the communist leader Ceausescu held his last public speech (short account of the Romanian 1989 Revolution).
- Transfer to the famous Palace of Parliament, known also as The House of the People or Ceausescu's House, a communist era legacy home today to the Romanian Parliament (inside guided visit)
- Next we get to the University Square, hub of activity and stage of the city's public life, home to emblematic landmarks such as the University of Bucharest and the National Theater
- End the tour with a leisure stroll in the Old Town, the historic core of the city recently turned into a trendy entertainment district, with outdoor terraces and cafés.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: At your hotel or other previously agreed location within city limits
End location: At your hotel or other previously agreed location within city limits
Duration: 4 hours 30 min.
Transportation by my personal car, a new Volkswagen Golf fabrication year 2017, fully insured, air conditioned
- Guide and driver service
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transportation by private car, a new 2017 Volkswagen Golf, air conditioned
- All parking fees and fuel
Estimated Local Cash Needed
35 RON - Consider extra 9 USD/person or 35 Lei/person in the local currency, for the admission fee at the Palace of Parliament
- The entry fee to the Palace of Parliament
- The cost of food and drink you choose to buy throughout the tour
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Appreciate Christina's knowledge and passion of Romanian history and city geography. Also her willingness and effort to help us learn about my daughter's early months in Calarasi. Wonderful.