Half-day walking and sightseeing Bucharest tour with a private guide
This specially designed half-day tour is a combined sightseeing and walking tour of Bucharest highlights. The tour covers the emblematic arteries and squares and all the important sights, giving a good overview of the city of Bucharest.
The tour is mostly walking, as I think this is the best way to experience a city, visit attractions up-close and take in the atmosphere, while giving me time and opportunities to provide all information and details. We will also conveniently use the car to get to more distant places of interest.
Please remember that the tour is totally flexible and can be adapted to your specific interest or physical condition.
We use for the tour my good 2017 Volkswagen Golf that can accommodate up to 4 passengers. In case you are more than 4 people and need a larger vehicle I can arrange for a minivan.
What to expect - the main highlights
- Start the tour in the Palace Square, surrounded by highly evocative edifices and monuments, where you get a general overview of the local history and culture. See the iconic Romanian Athenaeum, a national cultural symbol.
- Continue with the Revolution Square, the starting place of the anticommunist revolution where the communist leader Ceausescu held his last public speech (short account of the Romanian 1989 Revolution).
- Transfer to the famous Palace of Parliament, known also as The House of the People or Ceausescu's House, a communist era legacy home today to the Romanian Parliament (inside guided visit)
- Next we get to the University Square, hub of activity and stage of the city's public life, home to emblematic landmarks such as the University of Bucharest and the National Theater
- End the tour with a leisure stroll in the Old Town, the historic core of the city recently turned into a trendy entertainment district, with outdoor terraces and cafés.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: At your hotel or other previously agreed location within city limits
End location: At your hotel or other previously agreed location within city limits
Duration: 4 hours 30 min.
Transportation by my personal car, a new Volkswagen Golf fabrication year 2017, fully insured, air conditioned
Estimated Local Cash Needed
40 RON - Consider extra 10 USD/person or 40 Lei/person in the local currency, for the admission fee at the Palace of Parliament
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
This is the second tour we took with Cristina. She is very knowledgeable about Romanian history and helped us to understand the evolution of the various ethnic influences on the culture over hundreds of years. She knows her way around Bucharest and so we were able to see many sites: the concert hall, Ceausescu's house, Romanian architecture, the huge Parliament building and old town. She was very courteous and "knows the ropes" to make sure her clients are satisfied with their experience.