Escape The Heat Of Marrakech to The Breez Of Essaouira. The Ruby Of Moroccan Coast!
A visit to the Atlantic coast to Essaouira, which is to many the most enchanting coastal town in Morocco. this quaint town with its fine example of Moorish architecture and Portuguese art has inspired artists and was the setting for many scenes from the film Othello.
Also called the ruby of the Moroccan coast, Essaouira is a picturesque and quirky seaside resort built in a mediterranean style. As a former Portuguese fishing harbor, it served as the port of Tumbuctu for the caravans coming from the sub-saharan and north African cities.
You will fully appreciate the sharp contrast of the blues and the whites blending with the reflecting colors of the sand and water from the Atlantic Ocean.
Our visit will also offer you the opportunity to visit the Medina, to walk through its vibrant streets and to enjoy the dramatic and ragging ocean views over the Portuguese Bastion. This is where part of Othello was filmed.
Don't miss out the Argan goat trees which only grow in Morocco and look out for the goats
Start early in Morning from Marrakech
- Stop for a drink on the way
- Visit an Argan women cooperative to see how Moroccan Oil is extracted
- Stop for a picturesque photo of The Goats on Top of Argan Trees
- Visit Essaouira Medina
- Visit Craft sections including The Thuya one
- Visit The Esplanade( Skalla ) overlooking the oceans. Free time to visit the Traditional port and the Beach of Essaouira
- Back to Marrakech with a coffee stop on the way
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: - We will be able to come to your hotel or Riad if you are accommodated in the Medina. I will identify myself with my professional tourism ministry badge.
- If you are traveling with the train or private jet to Marrakech and willing to start the tour straight away we will be able to come and pick you from the airport or the train station
- If you have some plans prior the tour and you would like us to meet somewhere within the city please specify on the booking process and we will be eager to reach you where you will be.
End location: After the Tour Ends we will be able to assist and drive you to:
- Your Hotel/ Riad
- Train station
- Restaurant or any other spot within the city you would like to be taken to
Duration: 11 hours
The rainy season may affect this walking tour in open air and the the whole driving trip to Essaouira. If it happens we will be able to report the tour for a later better time
Our vehicles are modern with Luxury comfort: From Mercedes Vito or Viano , clean with AC.
As most of the Medina is not accessible for cars and vehicles please consider This a walking tour. Please consider a journey of about 3h each way with a coffee stop.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
1200 MAD - - Having some Moroccan money including small changes is always a good idea. If the Guests fail to have that it is not an issue as there are plenty of currency exchange offices as banks on the way
local money to cover if needed (based on 2 Travelers )
- Drinks during the tour
- Tips for Photos taken of locals during the tour Essaouira. Also for Goat-Owners on the way.
Please consider taking some cash with you. for shopping you can use your currency paying for items when needed.