See what inspired the great poets, writers and artists
A tour through the heartland of the beautiful English District to admire the magnificent scenery that inspired the likes of William Wordsworth, Samuel Taylor Coleridge, John Ruskin and, of course, Beatrix Potter. A region of mountains, lakes, sheep, and charming villages nestled in the folds of the landscape.
Until the 18th century the Lake District was considered wild and dangerous. This all changed wilt the arrival of railways from the 1840s. Since then it has attracted everyone from intellectuals to captains of industry and the workers from the industrial towns of northern England. It has UNESCO World heritage status and is one of the best loved of this countries national parks. Come and explore it with me.
The itinerary will depend on your pick up location and will be tailored to your interests.
- We may visit Grasmere and William Wordsworth's Dove Cottage
- Sawrey and Hawkshead for Beatrix Potter
- Coniston for John Ruskin's Brantwood
Of course it all involves stunning scenery, charming villages and churches, photo stops, and perhaps lunch in a traditional lakeland pub!
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will meet you from your hotel in central the central Lake District.
I can also arrange to meet you at a train station, cruise terminal or airport. This may incur a supplementary fee.
End location: The tour will end at your hotel in the central Lake District.
I can arrange to drop you at a station, cruise terminal or airport. This may incur a supplementary fee.
Duration: 7 hours
You will travel in my 7 seater fully insured, licensed and air conditioned Alhambra.
- Included are my services as a fully qualified blue badge tourist guide
- The use of my fully insured, licensed and air-conditioned people carrier and all fuel and parking fees
Estimated Local Cash Needed
30 GBP - - Entrances to museums, gardens and other sites are not included and will depend on your interests.
- We will stop for a meal, this could be a charming village pub or simply a snack or sandwich depending on your requirements.
- Entrance fees
- Meals and other food/drink are not included
- Transfers from cruise terminals or airports can be arranged. Please contact me to discuss your requirements.
None. I am a licensed Blue Badge guide and licensed driver/guide for London and the Lake District.