Bienvenidos a El Salvador.
Salvadoran born I lived part of my childhood in San Salvador downtown, on the first years of El Salvador Civil war. It made me indirect witness of some of the most important events in my country recent history.
On the walks of life I became professional tour guide in 2005.
As your tour guide my top priorities are:
SAFETY: I would never take you (or go myself) to some place I consider is not safe. Common sense is the key.
FLEXIBILITY: Have you heard of some spot in particular nearby? Let's watch it! Want to depart later? No problema! Want to try street food? I know the place!
ACCURACY: You have my word all information delivered is based on facts. If you let me recommend a place for eating I will always suggest the best value-for-money options, based on quality never on commissions. I always know where to find the best local food or the coldest beer.
I have a valid license of Tour Guide and different certifications, courses and workshops.
I'm experienced to deliver tours of different topics. Cultural heritage, history including museums, traditional markets, craft beer tasting and some off-the-beaten track spots.
But if what you're looking for is the great outdoors I'm your man. Hiking and trekking is my stuff, either short or long walks, National Parks or active volcanoes. I'm one of the most experienced tour guides for hiking and trekking in El Salvador.
My tours don't support any kind of animal abuse, child labor or illegal activities. I rather support local trade and small family run businesses.
Last, but not least: PUPUSAS!! You have to taste it. And I know about pupusas: they paid my education.
A Recent Review of this guide
We had a great tour of San Salvador. We learned so much history and felt like we had a real appreciation for the Salvadorean people and their struggles for a better life. We never felt uncomfortable or threatened in any way, even though tourists are not common here. Alfredo answered all our questions and gave us a wonderful sampling of pupusas for dinner. It worked into our layover at the San Salvador airport perfectly. We are so happy to have had this tour!
- National Tour Guide license issued by The Ministry of Tourism of El Salvador and The Salvadoran Tourism Corporation which allows me to guide in National Archaeological Parks, National Museums and Historical buildings, National Parks and most of private-run attractions nation-wide.
- National Tour Guide Certification Course by Universidad Dr. José Matías Delgado, El Salvador.
- International Tour Guide Certification by Aquila Training Center, Canada.
- Updated First Aid training by Salvadoran Red Cross.
- Good Practices for Sustainable Tourism workshop by Salvanatura and Smart Voyager.
- Official franchise holder of El Salvador Country Brand "Great Like the People" by PROESA.
- Accesible Tourism Techniques by Universidad Don Bosco, El Salvador.
- Tourist Safety workshop by Policía de Turismo de El Salvador.
- Culture and Sustainable Tourism Congress by Universidad Católica, El Salvador.
- Founder and active member of Tour Guides Association of El Salvador.
- No transfers/meeting/end service out El Salvador (Eg. Antigua Guatemala; Copán, Honduras; Potosí, Nicaragua) but possible at the border or nearest Salvadoran immigration office.